OnePlus 3T Out Paces Pixel XL in charge test

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

If you had not already heard OnePlus has just released their latest flagship device the OnePlus 3T which is just a slightly upgraded version of the OnePlus 3. The OnePlus 3T includes a Snapdragon 821 processor, better front facing camera, and of course dash charging. OnePlus decided to take on the Pixel XL head to head in a speed charging challenge. In their video the OnePlus 3T charges quite a bit faster than the Pixel XL. Both phones have similar battery sizes with the 3T having a 3400mah battery and the Pixel XL having a 3450mah battery.

The OnePlus 3T charges fully in about an hour and a half while the Pixel XL takes just more than 2 hours to fully charge. Dash charge is able to provide more than half a charge in 30 minutes. The Pixel XL charges up to 49% in the same amount of time. Lets face it both devices charge very quickly which is great if you are a heavy user and find yourself needing to top off towards the end of the day.

Via Technobuffalo

Briankbl

Reaction score
My Galaxy S7 Edge charges from dead to full in an hour and 34 minutes, and that uses QC 2.0

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Why not throw the Moto Z Force in these Tests?

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
How long a phone takes to charge is quite low on my list. How long a phone lasts when full charged matters more. My S7 Edge would give me all day with about 20% left at the end of the day. With my Pixel XL, I'm getting 50% at the end of the day and can easily go the next day if I didnt' charge it. Thats impressive. I plug my phone in over night so its always at 100% in the morning.

Also, I don't recall Google touting they have any kind of fast charging tech in the Pixel phones (correct me if I'm wrong) and the onePlus 3T has their own dash charging. Wouldn't that kind of stack the deck in onePlus' s favor?

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
How long a phone takes to charge is quite low on my list. How long a phone lasts when full charged matters more. My S7 Edge would give me all day with about 20% left at the end of the day. With my Pixel XL, I'm getting 50% at the end of the day and can easily go the next day if I didnt' charge it. Thats impressive. I plug my phone in over night so its always at 100% in the morning.

Also, I don't recall Google touting they have any kind of fast charging tech in the Pixel phones (correct me if I'm wrong) and the onePlus 3T has their own dash charging. Wouldn't that kind of stack the deck in onePlus' s favor?

I'm not sure about touting it, but they do advertise it as having fast charging.

Battery*
2,770 mAh battery
Standby time (LTE): up to 19 days
Talk time (3g/WCDMA): up to 26 hours
Internet use time (Wi-Fi): up to 13 hours
Internet use time (LTE): up to 13 hours
Video playback: up to 13 hours
Audio playback (via headset): up to 110 hours
Fast charging: up to 7 hours of use from only 15 minutes of charging

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I'm not sure about touting it, but they do advertise it as having fast charging.

Battery*
2,770 mAh battery
Standby time (LTE): up to 19 days
Talk time (3g/WCDMA): up to 26 hours
Internet use time (Wi-Fi): up to 13 hours
Internet use time (LTE): up to 13 hours
Video playback: up to 13 hours
Audio playback (via headset): up to 110 hours
Fast charging: up to 7 hours of use from only 15 minutes of charging

Dang it, I was looked on the specs page but didn't see it. Thanks for the correction.