One touch speed dial for Droid Pro

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
I've started a topic about this before, but just noticed a new twist. on my wifes Pro, when she selects contact quick tasks, it places a 1x1 icon with the Facebook picture that acts as a one touch speed dial.

On my Pro, im given a 2x2 widget when I do this. I know there is the LP Plus option to resize, but I would rather find a way to get the same icon she has. Does anyone have an idea why ours are different? We are both on the same software. I use LP, but when changing back to the normal homescreen I still don't have the option.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

google123

Reaction score
I just switched my phone back to Blur home launcher to try this out. When I choose a contact that has a mobile and a work phone, I'm given the option to set 2 tasks and by default after selecting call mobile and text mobile I end up with a 2x2 widget with a picture on top and a call icon on bottom left half and text icon on bottom right half. I then tried with a contact that has only 1 number listed and was given the option of adding one task. I chose call mobile and ended up with a same size widget as before, 2x2 with pic on top half and mobile icon on bottom left with + sign on bottom right. Both of these widgets I can then press/hold and release on and can resize to 1x1. The first one (with 2 tasks) now has a photo and the name of the contact below. The second one (with just one task assigned) now has a photo with the word "mobile." Widgets can be resized and if more that one task is assigned, you will get a popup of which task to complete upon clicking on the contact.

Pretty much the same as with LauncherProPlus.........

P.S. I have tried with different contacts that have different amounts of information and I cannot end up with just a 1x1 icon no matter what I try. I clicked on shortcut instead of Motorola Widgets and chose shortcuts>contact and chose a contact and that sure enough placed a 1x1 widget on the screen but when I click on it all it does is open the contact details, not direct dial the contact so.........

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try one touch call/sms widget free in market.

Sent from MetiCk/DavrosModded A855

Mikemu

Reaction score
When you're in "dialer", the menu will bring up "speed dial setup". Any one know how to initiate a speed dial call once you assign the key?

scion676

Reaction score
When you're in "dialer", the menu will bring up "speed dial setup". Any one know how to initiate a speed dial call once you assign the key?

Yea if the contact is attached to a number (1-9) in the speed dial set up then simply press that number (on the screen) at the dailer homescreen. It will initiate the call... This does not work with the hard keyboard however...

kjjb0204

Reaction score
wish i could help, but I can't even get out of launcher pro to try blur again. says no defaults set.... argh

I do remember having several one touch dial icons in 1x1 though. If i can get into blur, I'll take a screenshot. Did you try creating an activity shortcut?

tacotory

Reaction score
I got 1x1 one-touch dials on the wife's by going add-to-home> shortcut> contact