one side of headphones not working

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I got some semi-expensive headphones today, and the minute I put them into my TB, I noticed there was no sound coming from one ear. I was about to just assume that they were defective, but I decided to plug them into my D2G and both sides worked.

Has anyone experienced this with any headphones?

companionlink

Reaction score
I'd check two things first (maybe you already have...):

1. Plug in some other headphones into the TB to see if they function normally or not. If not, move to the next step...

2. Ensure the headphones are making a good connection. Check to make sure they are securely plugged in. Also check to ensure the headphone jack is clear - I've seen a little bit of pocket lint get in there before, causing connection issues.

If the problem persists, it's likely something wrong with the phone itself. I've seen it happen on iPods before, but that's usually after they've taken a beating. I'd take the TB back at this point and have them swap it out.

Hopefully that helps!

- David Z

Kack

Reaction score
i had the samething. i have some bose earbuds i got for christmas and they worked for everything else then plugged them into the TB and 1 side worked. i was concerned a little but pushed them in a lil bit harder and boom 2 sides worked.

OP
Dark Lazer

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Good suggestions guys, I'll try out a different pair and see what happens. I plan on taking the TB with me when I go jogging, so this is definitely something I want working.

rawritscm

Reaction score
I noticed this only happens with earphones with a mic. It works perfectly fine with my $5 mic-less Coby earphones.