One finger works other doesn't

poz3614

Reaction score
I noticed while playing Solitaire with both hands that moving a card with a finger on one hand often doesn't work. But if I use a finger on the other hand it does. It is more obvious while playing Solitaire, but same problem occurs no matter which app I'm using. Has any one else experienced this problem?

BurtB

Reaction score
Happens to me too. Holding droid in my right hand I often can not get the home button to respond to my right thumb touch. Touch with left hand always works. On a related note the touch screen will sometimes respond to a close finger without a physical touch - this is aggravating also.

zegwin

Reaction score
Defective fingers... Take them back and demand a new one!!!

(seems to be everyones response for every problem...)

My guess is because your hitting it with the side of your thumb which is thicker so it is not as conductive. Which would make the screen possibly not respond.

azkabat

Reaction score
I noticed this issue with my phone as well. Here is what I think is happening, hopefully y'all be able to follow.

So, looking at the phone what I have noticed is that the phone recognizes any touch which occurs from the bottom bezel edge to the "Motorola" logo and side to side, from bezel edge to bezel edge - the whole thing is active! What this means is that if any part of your hand, palm included, is touching the screen the phone will not recognize the "second" input - your finger. Try it - put one finger along the very edge of the screen (in the black part between the bezel and the screen) and try activating any icon, it won't work. I don't know if this is hardware or software but it can be very annoying especially while you are using the virtual keyboard and are missing letters because your palm just happens to slightly be touching the outside of the screen.