On my 3rd Bionic now, and it cannot even connect 4G.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
Verizon Tech support sent me a replacement phone that is supposedly "certified" like new. After swapping my sim card and memory card out of my previous Bionic (that kept dropping data connection even after the OTA update), I went through the setup process. It's been a day since I set it up, and not once has it connected to the 4G network.

I know y'all are gonna ask, yes I re-seated the sim card. Yes, I tried toggling back and forth between CDMA/LTE and CDMA Only. Yes, I pulled the battery. I even downloaded Restart Connections, but when running it, it connects straight away to 3G without even TRYING to connect to 4G. I didn't do a factory reset, because it just came straight from Verizon... so there's nothing to reset. I haven't even loaded any other apps on it! And besides, I'm done playing the game of going through all the gyrations trying to get a Bionic to work right. This is ridiculous. After 3 straight FAILS, I'm done with the Bionic.

Now, I realize there was 4GLTE outages across the country, but it's been restored in my area, as I have a friend with the Razr and a friend with the Nexxus, and both of their phones show blue 4GLTE connectivity. We even performed speed tests, and they were both cruising at over 20 Mbps. Meanwhile, my "certified" like-new Bionic is stuck in 3G mode. The good news is, it hasn't dropped the connection, but since it doesn't even get to 4G, it doesn't ever need to switch between 4G and 3G. I guess that's one way to solve the data dropout problem... FAIL.

This thing's going back and I'm going to demand to get off the Bionic phone that hasn't worked right since the day I bought it.

Good riddance to this POS phone.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Sucks for youuuuuuuu.

Im on my third bionic as well an i was raising heck trying to tell them to get me off my bionic into somthing else after my second. But this one seems to be running fine an im liking it over the rezound i was offered. That might be the best phone you get offered. You wont get a nexus because as i was told. The phone is not avalible because its a iconic device an they have none instock to do swap outs. Though you really need to be persistant to get a rezound.

Reaction score
Your phone is bad and they need to send you another one. Don't waste time trying to get 4g with it.

I went through the exact same situation with my 3rd bionic. I tried a new sim card and battery and waited days for a Verizon network Rep to run tests in my area only to be told the 4g was back working in my area.....which I knew due to my friends having other 4g devices that work.

I just received my 4th bionic and it instantly connected to 4g upon set up. So far I have no problems and the phone is working great but it has only been a day.

If this 4th bionic starts to mess up I am demanding a different phone. I truly hope that is not the case because I really like the bionic and what it can do if working properly. It is a shame Verizon can't get their acts together and stop putting out devices that don't work.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

RETUSAFNCO

Reaction score
When you pulled the battery and sim card was the phone on or off? Try pulling them with the phone on.

wseyller

Reaction score
I just got my 2nd bionic and it works 1000% better. I would say keep trying.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
D

dlo-htown

Reaction score
Screw the Bionic. I'm done jacking with this stupid worthless phone.

Verizon is sending me a Razr, arrives Wed. the 4th.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you pulled the battery and sim card was the phone on or off? Try pulling them with the phone on.

Em, trying to pull the sim card with the power on is basically impossible as once the battery is removed in order to get to the sim card the power is off.

Good luck. I hope it solves your problem.

deduct

Reaction score

Which update are you running? 901 has fixed any problems i have had. You might as well give that a try before you give up.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

deduct

Reaction score
Official STOCK 901 update thread has the download if u wanna try it.

OP
D

dlo-htown

Reaction score
Official STOCK 901 update thread has the download if u wanna try it.

Sorry, after 3 tries, I'm not interested in jacking with the Bionic anymore.

That's ridiculous... having to jump through hoops to get the stupid thing to work right? Nuts!!

RETUSAFNCO

Reaction score
Em, trying to pull the sim card with the power on is basically impossible as once the battery is removed in order to get to the sim card the power is off.

Good luck. I hope it solves your problem.

If you have nothing intelligent to offer then keep your snotty mouth shut! That's all I'm saying on the matter.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you have nothing intelligent to offer then keep your snotty mouth shut! That's all I'm saying on the matter.

Sorry you feel that way, but that was a suggestion on another thread that people realized couldn't be done.

The only possible way to do that is to remove the battery and sim, replace the battery and power on. Once booted, turn it off again, pull the battery out and put in the Sim card. Next you put the battery in and power on. This method is to re-register your SIM card to Verizon. There is also pulling the battery and sim, then just re-installing the sim for better contacts, but the OP already did that.

I know the OP has had a lot of problems with data connection and hope he has better luck with his Razr.

Last edited: