on liberty 2.0 and going to gingerbread, some qeustions

imp3r10

Reaction score
i'm familiar with all teh instructions and know how to do everything but i have a couple questions

1. when im updating to ginerbread 4.5.596 via the droid-life instructions, will i still be rooted after installing this? i would think not

this brings me to

2. after im on 4.5.596 i need to install the bootstrap but how do i do this if im not rooted (afaik there is no simple root for gingerbread, but i have been out for awhile)

CP6608

Reaction score
The two part tbh file is rooted so you will have root after you update. Just make sure you sbf before doing anything even though you are on froyo. I had major problems because I didn't sbf.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
I

imp3r10

Reaction score
The two part tbh file is rooted so you will have root after you update. Just make sure you sbf before doing anything even though you are on froyo. I had major problems because I didn't sbf.

alright thank you

ive been out of the rom game sdince ive been on 2.0 since i liked it so much but how is the rom scene on gingerbread? pretty good

heard some posts about liberty not updated much but seems to be the only rom out there that is good

how are you liking it on GB?

CP6608

Reaction score
Tried lgb v.09 for a couple of weeks and it had some bugs that got to me. Then I downloaded the aosp liberty and absolutely love it. No major glitches, great battery life, quick. Give lgb a try and see what you think but I really dig aosp liberty.

OP
I

imp3r10

Reaction score
Tried lgb v.09 for a couple of weeks and it had some bugs that got to me. Then I downloaded the aosp liberty and absolutely love it. No major glitches, great battery life, quick. Give lgb a try and see what you think but I really dig aosp liberty.

where is the 0.9 link? have to use the rom app to download it?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not really. Just updated superuser and a couple other things.

CM74DX