On Droid fence: Droid vs Palm apps

moonbayb

Reaction score
I'm a long time Treo user. currently have the 755p, and am eligable for my new every two with Verizon.

The Droid has peaked my interest, but there are certain apps I can't do without: Datebk 6 (love the icons), Profile MD (I keep my family's healthe history) and Hany Shopper (for my shopping and other lists).

I've been trying to research, but can seem to find if these apps or similar ones (especially ProfileMD) are available for Droid. I'm considering holding out until Verizon brings out the Palm Pre.

Any suggestions?
Thank you, Pat

DaHarder

Reaction score
At this point...

If one must have more business-oriented applications, especially those related to enterprise/exchange data/mail/etc. then Palm is the better of the two (for now).

For everything else, including a few of those capabilities you mentioned, it's DROID all the way - IMO

Happy DROIDing​

dtboos

Reaction score
Get android device as 2nd line like I did. I use BB as my main phone as its a much better business device, and much quicker/more reliable for taking calls with quick efficient keystrokes to all my information ect. I have an android device for fun which i got as a second line to toy around with. I have GV route my calls to that phone as well so I can just take it out on weekends. :heart::blackberry::greendroid::heart:

Football_Bill

Reaction score
I use my Droid for business. I am a network admin and support iPhones, BB's, and Windows smartphones. Even using the built in Exchange support I would choose the Droid, but Touchdown is a much better way to go for corporate email.

ericwiz

Reaction score
I switched from a BB to a Droid and use it for business. I am an IT guy at my shop and use the corporate email, calendar etc..

I have no plans on going back. I disagree that the BB is a better business device. The one exception is the remote wipe ability of the BB with a BES server.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I switched from a BB to a Droid and use it for business. I am an IT guy at my shop and use the corporate email, calendar etc..

I have no plans on going back. I disagree that the BB is a better business device. The one exception is the remote wipe ability of the BB with a BES server.

Which i believe is something they are fixing in the first couple of updates for exchange is the remote wipe capabilities.

ericwiz

Reaction score

Which i believe is something they are fixing in the first couple of updates for exchange is the remote wipe capabilities.

That's what I have heard as well. At that point there is nothing BB does better. Peroid.

keiichi25

Reaction score
The one exception is the remote wipe ability of the BB with a BES server.
Using Touchdown you can remote wipe via ActiveSync.

Although I think a lot of people would prefer out of the box capabilities over having to purchase a 3rd party application to do the job.

The only time I really looked at a Third Party Application for a device was in the situation of when it is not readily available for a device, like we had a Palm (Not phone) user who wanted to Sync his really old palm to Outlook and we didn't have the palm software, at the time, that would allow him to do so.

Nowadays, most smart devices come with it either out of the box or as a disc with it to allow such abilities.