OMG I've freaking done it again!

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
My lock screen doesn't show the temperature anymore. I fixed it once but can't remember how. I have the current weather screen working, but the actual temp showing for me .
The menu says I need to have the Samsung weather widget on the home screen. I've tried a dozen weather widgets and none work. I've turned Nova on and off. Grrrrrr

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
c6fba585962c88672b1d75d62933ceb9.jpg

Don't work!

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
If it's anything like the Note 4 or S4, it shouldn't matter if you have the widget on the homescreen. If you're trying to get weather on the lock screen, there should be the option in your main phone settings as described in that huge list of steps that you put on there.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You might need to change the refresh settings in the widget. To do that, install the widget, tap the widget once your city has been set, settings, refresh rate. Remove widget from home screen.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

OP
JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Which widget I've tried at least a dozen.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The actual stock Samsung weather widget. Not any third-party ones that you might have downloaded. You'll need to set your city in the Samsung weather app. Now that Mark mentioned that, I seem to remember it. Haha

OP
JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
OK what is the stock weather widget?

OP
JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
If it's anything like the Note 4 or S4, it shouldn't matter if you have the widget on the homescreen. If you're trying to get weather on the lock screen, there should be the option in your main phone settings as described in that huge list of steps that you put on there.
Nope It seems to require the proper widget.

b1e8f1830c768a3fd362f33b129b2038.jpg

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That strikes me as odd. Have you added that widget to the home screen? That's the widget I was referring to as the stock weather widget.

If I remember right, you used to be able to add it to the home screen, tap it to set you location, then remove it & still have weather info on the lock screen without the widget on the home screen. That's how it worked on previous Samsung phones anyway.

If they changed it & now require you to keep the widget after setting it up, that's a crazy step back IMO.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

OP
JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
That strikes me as odd. Have you added that widget to the home screen? That's the widget I was referring to as the stock weather widget.

If I remember right, you used to be able to add it to the home screen, tap it to set you location, then remove it & still have weather info on the lock screen without the widget on the home screen. That's how it worked on previous Samsung phones anyway.

If they changed it & now require you to keep the widget after setting it up, that's a crazy step back IMO.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
Oh yeah, widgets from both the Samsung and Google stores. I also every widget that came with the phone.

PS I guess it's a T-Mobile thing.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The one you are looking for is the Samsung Weather widget that would have been installed on the phone when you got it. Add that widget to a homescreen. Once you've done that, ask yourself, "Is this showing my current weather in my location?" If yes, the lockscreen should be able to show your weather (provided that you have that option enabled in the settings screen you posted the screen shot of above.). If no, you likely need to tap the widget to add a city.

OP
JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Done all that, must be a T-Mobile thing. All widgets that came with my phone. All on a home screen with my city checked.
713b3ca88f07c00d8c866be69b5238cc.jpg

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Done all that, must be a T-Mobile thing. All widgets that came with my phone. All on a home screen with my city checked.
713b3ca88f07c00d8c866be69b5238cc.jpg

Did you check your refresh rate as I suggested before to make sure it isn't set to none on the stock Samsung widget?

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

OP
JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Did you check your refresh rate as I suggested before to make sure it isn't set to none on the stock Samsung widget?

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
Oh yeah doesn't do anything, changed from the earliest to latest.

What I really need is the name of the stock widget. The ones on my phone are AccuWeather, transparent, Amber, and Google news widget. I've added a few more like Beautiful and weather.

Last edited: