oleophobic coating worse after screen cover

scratchiti

Reaction score
I put a screen cover on my phone for literally a minute (one that they tried to charge me for at the verizon store, then just gave me for free, I guess b/c they were too lazy to put it back) and decided I didn't like it so removed it. There's no residue or anything and scrolling works fine, but I feel like I've been getting far more fingerprints recently. Do you think this may have messed up the oleophobic coating? Anything I can do (other than clean it, of course)?

thelion

Reaction score
Mine was never able to resist fingerprints to begin with. It was always a magnet for the things.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
mine has a screen cover... still gets littered with finger prints... never ending battle.

thelion

Reaction score
Perhaps it was. It is possible. I wouldn't know as I have a screen protector on (not taking chances!) and still get prints all over it. I use an eyeglass cloth and it doesn't bug me much.

JayMonster

Reaction score
From day 1 my Droid was a fingerprint and oil magnet... I originally didn't want to put the screen protector on it, but it was at least a little better than without it. (in my estimation anyway).

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
it's a touchscreen device, unless your hands are as dry as dirt then there will be fingerprints

taypotts

Reaction score
I read on here that if you "clean" the screen with goo gone it is a lot more resistant to finger prints. Try that. I did it with mine and it worked great for about 3 weeks :)

P8ntballer789

Reaction score
Either way your gunna have fingerprints sadly but what really does the trick and wipes off ALL the oil from your fingers is a Microfiber cloth. They do wonders for many things:icon_ banana:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I read on here that if you "clean" the screen with goo gone it is a lot more resistant to finger prints. Try that. I did it with mine and it worked great for about 3 weeks :)

couple other people reported similar results using Rain-X

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use a screen protector and my shirt, fleece, or whatever I'm wearing seems to clean it well. :)

yea i'm the same way... just sharing what i've heard people have done...

i'da been worried to put goo gone on my DROID... rain-x not so much