weird problem: Anti slip coating wearing off the back of phone

wylin

Reaction score
I been having a pretty weird problem recently, on the rear of my droid the rubbery anti slip coating seems to be rubbing off very slowly but surely.

I started noticing it with a shiny and smooth spot near the camera and now has pretty much encompassed most of the spot under the camera cover. It's weird as the battery cover still has its nice grippy coating. I really don't like how its so slippery now and it's made me almost drop my phone a few times.

I'm not sure what to do with the phone as it's about 2 months old and besides this problem it seems to be good shape physically the loose battery cover and now shiny camera covering are the main issues i have besides a random crash where i need to pull the battery every 3-4 days.

Anyone else have this issue? Anyone else try to warranty it?

Last edited:

soyboy

Reaction score
I've had mine almost 2 months and it's fine, maybe yours is an abberation. Sorry to here about it, I will be interested to see if others have the problem.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
wylin go to Mororolas website and contact them via email, chat or a phone call and tell them about your loose battery door. They will send you out a new one free of charge.

I don't have anything to add about the coating wearing off because I've not read about the issue and I'm not experiencing it myself.

Good luck...

OP
W

wylin

Reaction score
thanks cereal, i got a new battery door a while ago thanks to the site. The back coating i showed to my friend who works sales at a local corporate store and he was surprised it was all worn off too as he's never seen any that badly worn and so quickly. I looked at my own phone and my brothers (which i purchased at the same time), and his is perfect and mine's evenly worn down so there's no rubbery coating.

My friends checking into it, and we'll see how we warranty or fix it (i might just buy a new part from a local cell phone repair shop).