Older - Newbie with a NEW Droid Razor Mac (1st Smart Phone)

wallacehobbs

Reaction score
Greetings,

My name is Wallace and I am a 52 year old disabled veteran. I know that winter
is comming and I wanted a new toy. So Best Buy had an upgrade to the Droid Razor
Maxx for FREE!

Now I need HELP as the phone I had turned off was the LG 6100 and it had an antenna!
It is maybe 7 years old and it has an Awesome speaker phone. That is why I kept it so
long.

Anyway I mostly use it for calls and some internet. So any tips you can
give me on how to learn how to use this Beast will be greatly appreciated!

Warm Holiday Wishes to All,

Wallace

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Greetings,

My name is Wallace and I am a 52 year old disabled veteran. I know that winter
is comming and I wanted a new toy. So Best Buy had an upgrade to the Droid Razor
Maxx for FREE!

Now I need HELP as the phone I had turned off was the LG 6100 and it had an antenna!
It is maybe 7 years old and it has an Awesome speaker phone. That is why I kept it so
long.

Anyway I mostly use it for calls and some internet. So any tips you can
give me on how to learn how to use this Beast will be greatly appreciated!

Warm Holiday Wishes to All,

Wallace

Welcome Wallace..Your new toy will be all you need to keep you occupied. Let me also thank you for your bravery serving our country.
Now. When you go into phone dialer you'll push the menu button for more options. But most part while on a call or prior to a call you'll see speaker option. Click it and test a call or two to get the volume where you like it. Next. Play with your toy. Give her a name!? I did. Lmao. Anyway I enjoyed the RAZR family. Best radio bar none on any phone in my humble opinion. You've got a great phone to say the least. Go have a peak at some free apps. Beware though of your data. I'm unlimited and have been for years and paying out right for new releases. Currently on s3 but you can set your data via third party app for turning data off when it hits limit. But WiFi is your friend. If you ever need any assistance I'll be around. But not as often as I used to be. These forums were built for you and I to learn. Remember search first and if Google can't find it. We will try and usually succeed. Peace sir. And happy android playing. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Welcome to the board Wallace! And I am grateful and thankful of your service to our country.

Your Razr Maxx is a great phone and I'm sure it's been keeping you entertained for hours so far. The best way to learn your phone is to mess around with things and "get your hands dirty".

One feature I think you'll like, if you have friends or family who use it, is Skype. It uses the internet to make phone calls and you can see the other user through a webcam, so if you got family that's far away that's a nice way to see them. This does not eat into your minutes on your plan either.

Keep in mind this is a smartphone and the battery will drain significantly faster than your old LG 6100. The screen is the biggest battery drainer, so keeping it to the minimal brightness (depending where you are) would be ideal for optimal battery life, even though you have arguably the best battery life of all the smartphones in the market. Also staying on Wifi saves a ton of battery and also your data.

In your first week or two your battery will be going up and down because you'll be on it so much. Once you're comfortable with the phone and have it set up the way you like your battery life will begin to improve because you'll be on it less.

Some great apps I always recommend that are worth checking out:
1. AirDroid
2. Screebl
3. GSam battery monitor

These 3 apps can be found in the Play Store with a description of which each of them does. I personally find AirDroid to be the most enjoyable/useful app of the 3, especially if you text as much as I do. Hope you enjoy your phone and don't be afraid to ask any questions!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum Wallace! Congrats on the Maxx!

As indicated above - thank you for your service & sacrifice to our country!

OP
W

wallacehobbs

Reaction score
Thank you for all the nice comments about the Droid Razr Maxx I'm still learning it and how to do so many options 1 thing I want to know how to do is how do you take a facebook picture and download it to your phone and put it in my gallery that's driving me crazy trying to figure out if anything it anyway I can help me with that appreciate it thank you

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thank you for all the nice comments about the Droid Razr Maxx I'm still learning it and how to do so many options 1 thing I want to know how to do is how do you take a facebook picture and download it to your phone and put it in my gallery that's driving me crazy trying to figure out if anything it anyway I can help me with that appreciate it thank you

There's two ways to take a Facebook pic.

1. Take a pic and upload to Facebook
2. Use the Facebook app and you can take a pic through there

Any pics you take will save into the gallery. Any pics you save should save in the " download" folder of the gallery

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums Wallace!! Thank you for your service to our country!