OK Heres the issue

o Fi1thy

Reaction score
I was messing around with my roms and what not. Something didnt agree and I got stuck at the M logo. I went to flash with RSD lite. It stopped at 61%. grabbed my phone and it died during the update. Now when I put it on the charger it goes into bootloader and says battery low. cannot program. I power it off and plug in the phone. and it just goes back into bootloader. I cant get the battery to charge to flash it. How can I get it to charge?

JCo352

Reaction score
RSD is a last resort, you should have booted into recovery and restored a back up. But try playing with your d-pad a little, to make sure it is not sticking in the up position. Then try charging it.

OP
o Fi1thy

o Fi1thy

Reaction score
RSD is a last resort, you should have booted into recovery and restored a back up. Also play with your d-pad a little, to make sure it is not sticking in the up position. Then try charging it.

I cant get into SPRecovery. It doesnt do anything at the M logo. Im not really new to this. I have recovered many things using SPRecovery. I know how to get into it. I would if I could lol. When I plug it in the charging light will blink quickly. So I have it just right to where its about half way in and the charging light is on. Im gonna let it sit there for about 45 minutes. Why would it light up when its barely half way in and not plugged all the way in? :icon_eek:

OP
o Fi1thy

o Fi1thy

Reaction score
Well this is the closest I think anybody has come to being "bricked" I know its not. I just need to some how charge my battery (I hope) and redo the RSD. Does anybody know if it dying in the middle of flashing could have permanently bricked it? Thats my only fear.

JCo352

Reaction score
Well this is the closest I think anybody has come to being "bricked" I know its not. I just need to some how charge my battery (I hope) and redo the RSD. Does anybody know if it dying in the middle of flashing could have permanently bricked it? Thats my only fear.

The term "Bricked" means your Droid will do nothing. If your Droid does something, then you are just in a jam.

OP
o Fi1thy

o Fi1thy

Reaction score

The term "Bricked" means your Droid will do nothing. If your Droid does something, then you are just in a jam.

Yeah thats why I put it in quotes. I know its a touchy word. There is somewhat of a fear that I am because of it stopping mid flash. Im hoping I just need a charged battery to finish the job. Its weird that it wont charge though. Ive had it hooked up to my computer for 5 hours and it still says battery low. It wont do anything when I have it plugged into the wall outlet.

JCo352

Reaction score

Yeah thats why I put it in quotes. I know its a touchy word. There is somewhat of a fear that I am because of it stopping mid flash. Im hoping I just need a charged battery to finish the job. Its weird that it wont charge though. Ive had it hooked up to my computer for 5 hours and it still says battery low. It wont do anything when I have it plugged into the wall outlet.

You don't know anyone with a Droid, so you can finish with a charged battery? If you can't get out of bootloader to charge it, that might be your only option.

OP
o Fi1thy

o Fi1thy

Reaction score

You don't know anyone with a Droid, so you can finish with a charged battery? If you can't get out of bootloader to charge it, that might be your only option.

On the bootloader screen I get an error "code corrupt" and below that flashing is low battery and cannot program. like i said im 98% sure im not bricked but the fear is there.

JCo352

Reaction score

On the bootloader screen I get an error "code corrupt" and below that flashing is low battery and cannot program. like i said im 98% sure im not bricked but the fear is there.

No worries, I've got the code corrupt before. You should be fine, if you can just get the battery charged.

OP
o Fi1thy

o Fi1thy

Reaction score

No worries, I've got the code corrupt before. You should be fine, if you can just get the battery charged.

Well thank you for your wise insight sir. It is a load off my mind. Maybe ill just buy an extended battery tomorrow. Ive been thinking about it anyway

JCo352

Reaction score

Well thank you for your wise insight sir. It is a load off my mind. Maybe ill just buy an extended battery tomorrow. Ive been thinking about it anyway

No problem. Hopefully the extended battery will come with enough juice to finish the flash. But yeah I know how you feel, I almost **** my pants when I got that code corrupt.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Don't charge off your computer. It doesn't have the juice you need at such a low state.

There is a safety mechanism the prevents the phone being turned on when it hits a certain level of juice and powers off, I believe it has to be brought back up to 15% before it can be turned back on.

Plug the phone into the wall.

I have seen many threads on this and plugging it into the wall should give you a better go at a charge. The USB port only puts out enough juice to maintain an even level of charge opposed to actually charging it. Computer/USB is a no go when you are charging a dead phone.

Try the wall, let it go for a few hours then try powering back up. But don't keep playing with it every few minutes to see if you have enough power.

OP
o Fi1thy

o Fi1thy

Reaction score
Don't charge off your computer. It doesn't have the juice you need at such a low state.

There is a safety mechanism the prevents the phone being turned on when it hits a certain level of juice and powers off, I believe it has to be brought back up to 15% before it can be turned back on.

Plug the phone into the wall.

I have seen many threads on this and plugging it into the wall should give you a better go at a charge. The USB port only puts out enough juice to maintain an even level of charge opposed to actually charging it. Computer/USB is a no go when you are charging a dead phone.

Try the wall, let it go for a few hours then try powering back up. But don't keep playing with it every few minutes to see if you have enough power.

I dont think it charges when i plug it into the wall. There is no indication of it charging when i have it plugged in. ( ie no charging light)

PS Where from michigan are you? Im right outside of flint

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Looks like you might need something like the product in this review:

[video=youtube;aAROB7jFvnQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAROB7jFvnQ]YouTube - Motorola Droid Battery Only Charger[/video]

this will allow you to charge the battery outside of the Droid, and get some juice in there so you can reattempt the flash. The Droid will not charge in the bootloader, or in the recovery partition.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
^^^ Big time YES! Once you get your battery charged all your troubles will be fixable. I personally have two batteries and one of these chargers. I have this setup for all my cell phones. I never liked to have to rely on plugging them in to charge, as I use that port way too often for hacking, lol.

You are not bricked, I had the flash fail several times before and had the same "code corrupt" message.

good luck