OG Droid charger incapable of fully charging the extended battery?

yiannis

Reaction score
So I got the extended battery on Thursday evening and charged it with a charger from radioshack. On Friday I was happy with the performance of my extended battery and felt that it gave a significant advantage over the stock battery. So the Radioshack charger worked. or at least it worked well enough.

During the weekend I was at my partner's house where I left my OG Droid charger. I drained the Bionic full both Friday night and Saturday night and did not interrupt the charge until it reached 100%. That "100%" drained really quickly. One hour of streaming consumed 37% of the extended battery. So I'm now thinking that the OG Droid charger won't really fill up the extended battery.

Any ideas?

Tegamal

Reaction score
I'm using the dock for the Bionic & using the same cable I used in my OG Droid's dock. Not one issue here.

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

AndyMcDroid

Reaction score
Signal strength plays a big role in battery consumption. If your "normal" battery drain occurred in a different place than your "excessive" battery drain, signal strength would be the prime suspect unless you know that signal strength is similar in both areas.

As far as I know, the chargers for the OG Droid and Bionic are both rated at 850mA.

N2Wind

Reaction score
One thing that i have noticed that my X did not do is once the phone is finished charging, it quits charging. I put my phone on charge overnight, but I had a program that was killing the battery, so when I unplugged it in the morning I was already down to 80%.

gsDroid

Reaction score
The original Droid ac charger is the exact same model and part number and has the exact charging specs as the Bionic ac charger.