official upgrade

comk4ver

Reaction score
Who else downloaded the upgrade to ice cream sandwich?
Who else is surprised that a three year old device got an upgrade?

ForumRunner_20130203_133917.png

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's not Ice Cream Sandwich. It's a bug fix for the last update that was supposed to be a bug fix but introduced the bootloop bug.
Mines stuck in a bootloop now after the first attempt failed due to the "not enough application memory" bug kicked in again.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

kdm3170

Reaction score
i have the same problem as u, the not enuff memory. i deleted sum useless apps to make room but the update is gone now, i restarted and it doesnt come bak. how do i get the update to come bak?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go into settings, date& time, click off auto time at the top, change the date below the auto time to 1 month ahead, reboot your phone, it should come back in a few minutes after power up.
If that doesn't work power down the phone, press power and volume down at the same time, give it a few seconds, use the down volume button to scroll down to recovery. Use the power button to choose recovery. Once the screen goes black but a red triangle shows up press the power and volume UP at the same time , use the volume down to scroll to delete data partition, use the power button to choose it,once it's done use the volume down to scroll down to reboot device and use the power button to choose it.
It should be ready once again to receive the update, your data error should be gone as well.
Mine got stuck in a bootloop on the fifth attempt and ended up doing a data wipe. I lost my settings and all apps I'd installed but everything else (photos, music etc) didn't get wiped and the phone is as snappy and awesome as it was on day 1 of ownership and it still doesn't have the new update. No more reboots so far

Support Our Troops!!!
<
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Update on the update.
It came a few minutes ago, installed with no problems. Phone is working fine.
One thing, once it reboots a few times while installing the last reboot got to the droid eyeball and sat at that point for well over 5 minutes before it finished booting up. After that it's acting fine, booting normally.
generic signature goes here

tmort

Reaction score
My phone updated a day or two ago and know it goes black and gets stuck towards the end of the boot up. I have waited over five minutes numerous times, but, get the same results.

I will try to catch it before it goes black. I know I don't have much memory, so, that may be the issue. I'll remove some apps and try moving the date ahead as you sugest.

kdm3170

Reaction score
wifi bug?

was wondering if any1 has noticed the same problem im having? after i installed the upgrade with wifi turned on my phone will keep going bak to cell network for no reason, normally it only went back to cell network to make a call or recieve txt msgs, but now it goes back to cell network for no reason and stays on cell network. its not a out of range issue it does it when im within 10 ft of my router.

i installed an event logger n the longest duration it has randomly switch to cell network and stayed there was 6 hrs. its a major battery killer to keep it on cell network cuz i have crappy reception n wifi speed is so much better. it seems to only switch from wifi to cell when the screen is off, then it takes several minutes after i turn the screen back on for it reconnect to wifi.

any1 else having this issue?