[Official] I Got My HTC One M9 Thread

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
vs02-27_1347cxs.0.png
Rumor has the M9 coming down the pike on or about the 1st of March. In-fact, HTC on Friday sent invitations to the media for a big press conference on March 1st
This is where you should let us know when you placed your order, when it arrived and what your first impressions are.

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Now that the M9 has been launched, let us know when your's arrives.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I love the look of the M9. The direction HTC has gone with its build quality and one of the first manufacturers to go front facing speakers changed the direction of the android industry. Another note about HTC are their radios. When I was having issues with my Samsung Galaxy Nexus the device I went to was the HTC Rezound and the radios were awesome. I have to rate HTC's radio (based on my experience with the rezound and the thunderbolt) as top notch and up there with Motorola. If I am in a bad area the first phone I am taking is a Motorola and if that is not an option then give me a HTC. I do not like their Hboot and bootloader locking methods but if you are one who could care less about something like that then HTC is a device you should consider. Keep in my that HTC was the first to offer software theming to android in the form of Sense as early as Android 1.6. I loved how you could set a profile for work, home, and vacation and say they (HTC) are the best at creating separate profiles understanding we would use our phones differently at different times of the day. The one area I hated about HTC was how they always mange to go with an undersized battery for their device. Be interesting to see if they manage to address that issue or if they will continue to live up to that criticism. The M9 may not get as much buzz in the media as the S6 but if you are one who care about the entire device I recommend you look at real world reviews and see how HTC stacks up against Samsung. Though Samsung led in sells the past few years notice how they abandoned their "polycarbonate" back and removable battery and storage to mirror a device HTC created. HTC caught heat for going in the direction they did but looks like the "leader in innovation (Samsung)" followed in the direction of another. Now let's see how Samsung's weaker radios perform with an all metal chassis as that will be an interesting head to head match up.

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I'm a big HTC fan tho I did opt for the LG G3 instead of the M8. At this point I'm not sure I want a 5.0 or larger screen.