Official Gingerbread released !!! Congratulations to everybody !!!

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Thanks. It is giving me another update that is downloading right now.
The reason behind this is that these updates are incremental.

To update to 4.5.607, you must have 2.4.330 installed. You had 2.4.29, so the update server offered you 2.4.330, which is the next step. Once you get 2.4.330 installed, the update server can finally offer you the next version in the update chain.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Lucky you guys have a fully functional D2G at the moment. Mine just decided that it was time for the headphone jack to literally just die. So now basically, it's inop as a music player; this doesn't work since it's my only portable .flac player. Guess I'll hope I get a good refurb.

captain howdy

Reaction score
Wow! Got to love the battery life 10 hrs of solid pandora radio use and still 5%

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

maxwellag

Reaction score
I have also noticed improvements in battery life. With adroit 2.2, if I left my phone on in my pocket it would be dead after 6 hours. Now I have sleep mode, and use it alot. It is way easier than waiting forever to power on and off. I got about 20 hours of usage out of my phone now... and that's when I was using it alot. When I had 6 hours at school, I wasn't using it at all.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

maxwellag

Reaction score
I feel kinda bad for the people who don't have the ota update yet... moto just pulled it from the servers to fix a Microsoft exchange problem... so it will be even longer.

silver6054

Reaction score
I feel kinda bad for the people who don't have the ota update yet... moto just pulled it from the servers to fix a Microsoft exchange problem... so it will be even longer.

Well, if they really want it, they can get it from Gingerbread leak - D2G Updated to 4.5.607!!

But it might be worth waiting for the next build from Moto if you need encryption...

_scott

Reaction score
So the Gingerbread update was pulled? I have three D2Gs and only two updated, the last one says it's already up to date when it clearly isn't (the third phone was never rooted). Also, does anyone else feel that Motorola/Verizon's version of this update is really buggy? My phone was pretty solid before this update and now, even after a factory wipe, i'm getting a lot of force closes, long pauses and my is even locking up completely every now and again.

silver6054

Reaction score
So the Gingerbread update was pulled? I have three D2Gs and only two updated, the last one says it's already up to date when it clearly isn't (the third phone was never rooted). Also, does anyone else feel that Motorola/Verizon's version of this update is really buggy? My phone was pretty solid before this update and now, even after a factory wipe, i'm getting a lot of force closes, long pauses and my is even locking up completely every now and again.

Well, they were going to be updated in waves, and your third one presumably didn't get updated until the update was pulled, so it correctly reports up to date!

I think most people are finding the update a big improvement, there were tons of issues with the Froyo version (e.g. exchange push) that have been corrected. Of course, if the new bugs impact you and the old ones didn't, it looks like a failure.

Mike55

Reaction score
This sucks. I had a D2, it messed up, went through insurance and got the D2G, Went from having the official GB to not having it at all.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
My ex came over yesterday and I went into settings and it downloaded...Awesome..guess she was lucky? Lol but hell, I know I told her two weeks ago to get it but it didn't show up, then it came and she waited..then she lost it again...then yesterday, sweet success, Atlanta GA.. I thought it was pulled a few days back!? Oh well...its all good for her...I just use the kernel on mine, I hate the colors...ugh...still slow...but its blur! To each his own..guess I'm hooked on cm7 still, or any 2nd Init....
Edit: I know, I'm on D2 she's on the Global.....lol
My D2 is miles ahead of me running Cm7GB(OTAkernel)

Last edited: