Official Bionic Recovery Bootstrap by Koush

TeeX

Reaction score
How do you enter recovery on the Bionic? Still power button/volume down?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

(turn phone off first)

1. hold down BOTH volume up and down, and press and hold the power button
2. use volume down button to scroll down to recovery
3. select recovery with the volume up button
4. at the droid triangle screen, again press BOTH volume up and down

you're there!
:)

Last edited:

Edi

Reaction score
Thank you for all your hard work, Koush. I paid for it yesterday to show support.

Terri M

Reaction score
too bad you can't transfer from devices. Bought the app for droid x.

I have purchased every bootstrap that Koush has put out. This includes the Bionic Bootstrap. $3 is a very small price to pay for the awesome recovery app he puts out for us.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Remember to hit the "Thanks" button when someone helps you!

pastor_rob

Reaction score
I am REALLY NEW to this rooting and modding thing ... lol.

I have had several Dorids dating back to OG ... and never had the guts to try and root or mod my phone. I just got the Bionic and feel I am ready to "spread my wings".

Can anyone tell me ... How does this bootstrap help me??? Once I get it ... what do I do next??? What is it used for???

I really want to get rid of the Verizon bloatware and maximize my phone's potential.

Thanks in advance for ANY help!!!

Peace

OP
tgyberg

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^You are kind of jump'n the gun here. Go read the thread about how to root the Bionic and then come back with any questions. Best to start with the fundamentals.

pastor_rob

Reaction score
^You are kind of jump'n the gun here. Go read the thread about how to root the Bionic and then come back with any questions. Best to start with the fundamentals.

Sorry for NOT mentioning it here ... but my Bionic is already rooted and I now want to know how to get rid of the bloatware and useless apps I don't need.

I want to learn how to maximize my phone's true potential. I installed this bootstrap but it is NOT doing anything except rebooting my phone ... I get no recovery options???

Thanks for the quick reply though ... my fault for omitting that piece of info ... lol

Peace

OP
tgyberg

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^Ok go on youtube quick and watch some vids. Search how to use Titanium Backup and then see if there is anything on using recovery on the Bionic yet. I know for sure there is a vid on installing that unleashed rom. That may actually cover using bootstrap. We'll get you there!

BIrONIC

Reaction score
Will 'Rom Manager' (LINK) also give me the capabilities of this 'Bionic Recovery Bootstrap', or are those recovery features only in this app?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm probably going to get Rom Manager too.

I also agree with comments earlier in this thread about going ahead and paying for the cool tools to support people and the great work they do to help us out like this.

I'm just still new, and don't want to double-up unnecessarily on apps that do the same thing if I don't have to.

BoOmKaPoW

Reaction score
You need rom manager so you can install the clockwork recovery first. The bootstrap allows your bionic to boot into the recovery. Then you can start flashing away at all the awesome roms already available for the bionic. No offense to Koush because he's given us so much for our android devices but I recommend getting Safestrap instead of bionic bootstrap. It allows you to boot into recovery from boot which is hella nice since our bootloader is still locked.

Last edited:

BIrONIC

Reaction score
You need rom manager so you can install the clockwork recovery first. The bootstrap allows your bionic to boot into the recovery. Then you can start flashing away at all the awesome roms already available for the bionic. No offense to Koush because he's given us so much for our android devices but I recommend getting Safestrap instead of bionic bootstrap. It allows you to boot into recovery from boot which is hella nice since our bootloader is still locked.

OK....first though, I want some clarification from someone else....I see that you only have 4 posts here....not that that necessarily means anything, but when I was discussing the initial rooting part (before I got to the forever root part, and before I got on to now working on the whole bootstrap thing), in this other thread, wooddale didn't mention anything about Rom Manager when telling me about using bootstrap.

Once you are rooted you need to go to market and get Bootstrap recovery for Bionic.
This will allow youy to flash roms and make nanoid backups.

When you get the app Youl see a guy with two options. Bootstrap recovery and reboot recovery.

Press bootstrap recovery it will say sucess.

Then press Reboot recovery the phone will reboot into recovery.
It wilkl be a blue screen you scrool up and down with your volume buttons

scroll down to backup and restore press it by just hitting power button once.

Then it will say backup or restore

manuver with volume up and down keys to backup
press power key once thats like your enter key
it will then back up your stock rooted rom When its done press reboot system.
Now you have a backup of stock rooted.

After you wqatch the video and do the foreverroot you do the same exact thing.

Now you have 2 backups one stock rooted and the other stock rooted foreverroot.

Make sure you no the difference between the two.

Now when The OTA comes out. you go back to recovery pick stock forever root
then you will be able to get the OTA without loosing root.

Just remember you have to go back to it to get OTA. If you are on any other Rom the OTA probably will not even work. Wheeeew

No mention of needing Rom Manager.

Someone please clarify?

DrZenga

Reaction score
I don't use Rom manager

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk