Official Announcement Regarding All TH3ORY ROMs

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
OFFICIAL CHANGE IN THE UPDATE CREATION AND PROCEDURE. READ THE DAMN THING PLEASE.

So... Here it is guys. Without going into a bunch of nonsense about why.

ALL FUTURE UPDATES WILL BE PRESENTED IN THE FORM OF UPDATE PACKAGES (Unless it is Base Rebuild or New Base). Since that name has no flare and we all know I despise the letter "E", they shall be....... TH3ORY Paks (TP).

This is going to be a HUGE advantage to us and you. We can develop quickly, track bugs, quicker, and DO MANY more thing we want to do that the issues with the Moto Vendor apps give me trouble with ALL THE TIME. For you guys, it means.... NOT WIPING your phone without any adverse effects, Small and fast downloads, quick update procedure, minimal impact on your device.

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE UPDATES

DOWNLOAD THE NEW TH3ORY PAK
WIPE CACHE AND DALVIK ONLY
FLASH

You Like that? :)

To ensure the stability of the Updates and for those of you that DON'T READ!! (I have you on a list). I do have precautions in the updater-script.

I will update this post with answers to VALID questions that may be relevant.

Rock On Boys and Girls!!

crashx2

Reaction score
Thanks for making this process much easier. Love your work!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
now I'm forced to flash th3ory :)

marshalljason

Reaction score
It was not a hard concept to grasp. But good work on making it even easier. Keep up the good work.

NattyBee

Reaction score
Ok...2 questions:
This thread is titled for ALL TH3ORY ROMS, yet is posted in Bionic section, and makes specific mention of Moto things...so will this affect ThunderBolt users as well? (I assume so, but just checking)

And, for new comers who may want TH3ORY ROM after it has been updated a bunch of times...will they need to find the original zip and then flash several updates, to catch up, or will you incorporate a method to jump from rom zip to update zip # 7 (or whatever #, lol).
Perhaps every so often, after several updates have been released, a full rom zip to bring everything together? Just a thought...

Anyhow, thanks for all you have done, the TH3ORY ROMS series is a fantastic set of roms!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for doing this. You have just solved the ONLY real problem I had with your ROMs. I was just getting tired of wiping and reloading, so awesome job!

Icculus760

Reaction score
oh come on...

like unl3ash3d wasn't good enough as is, now we're back to no data wipe? dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid
that's effing awesome! thanks for the extra goodness!!

pastor_rob

Reaction score
So which is the last version where it is the full pack ... my old Bionic went dead and I just got a new one ... so what is the best way of doing this???

If the latest version is "just" and update ... and I have NO earlier version will I be stuck???

Can you help clarify ... thanks!!!

Peace ... and ... by the way ... keep up the great work ... thanks!!!!

Zregnier

Reaction score
So which is the last version where it is the full pack ... my old Bionic went dead and I just got a new one ... so what is the best way of doing this???

If the latest version is "just" and update ... and I have NO earlier version will I be stuck???

Flash 2.0 and you'll be fine.

wizard

Reaction score

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/th3ory-rom/173941-r3-blurr3d-v2-0-pbx-moto-kernel-10-22-2011-a.html
This is the Link for the OP your looking for. Th3oryRom 2.0 is the Newest one as of this posting (He updates the link above OP) His Scr3am is the latest (Theme if thats what you want to call it) also located in the OP of the link provided.

Hope this helps and good luck

and no your not stuck you can go from Stock to Root to this rom if you choose. There are also other options located in that link. All answers are in that Post if you take the time to read all the pages.