Odd request, but i want my VVM back,

cptbfrank

Reaction score
I recently rooted, and got bb0.2.1 froyo.
I love it but to my dismay i lost my VVM which i actually like quite a bit :icon_evil: .
BB does in fact delete it, but i cannot find it in the app store to download
and there is no icon to press to get it which its telling me to do. Being unable to do that i started searching for the apk (VVMStub_v3.apk) which only links to how to get rid of it. Not a download so i can reinstall it. Can anyone find me this apk or know of another way to get it back? Or am i going to have to start over by flushing the phone, copy the program onto my computer, reinstall bb and all my apps and settings, and then put vvm back in?

Yes i know most people are trying to get rid of the damn program but im the idiot driving towards the tornado.

Your assistance is much appreciated.

LVGDroidFan

Reaction score
Use Google Voice for your voice mail - it's free and now available to anyone in the U.S.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
youmail is the best vm app out there right now and you can customize it for each caller so its a girls voice that says "hello (persons callings name)... (your name) isnt available" and all different things for each contact.

love you mail :) def the way to go

OP
cptbfrank

cptbfrank

Reaction score
Use Google Voice for your voice mail - it's free and now available to anyone in the U.S.

likely what i will do if i dont have a choice. But like i said, idiot driving towards the tornado.

OP
cptbfrank

cptbfrank

Reaction score
youmail is the best vm app out there right now and you can customize it for each caller so its a girls voice that says "hello (persons callings name)... (your name) isnt available" and all different things for each contact.

love you mail :) def the way to go

Wait a second, can i make it call a person the name of my choice? If i can do that im sold and vvm can go screw.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
Wait a second, can i make it call a person the name of my choice? If i can do that im sold and vvm can go screw.

For the most part yes like it says "Hi Dad, Joe cant come to the phone right now" so long as its a pronouncable name it will say it. or they have fully custom ones too like special vm messages for each contact, check out the site its pretty damn cool.

And its free :)

OP
cptbfrank

cptbfrank

Reaction score

For the most part yes like it says "Hi Dad, Joe cant come to the phone right now" so long as its a pronouncable name it will say it. or they have fully custom ones too like special vm messages for each contact, check out the site its pretty damn cool.

I already signed up, doesnt seem to like my phone. Having trouble connecting, says i may not have gprs, edge, 3g, or wifi. Im pretty sure my phone has 3g, this does work with droid right?

Edit: Never mind, its working now

Last edited:

dragonfly1113

Reaction score

I already signed up, doesnt seem to like my phone. Having trouble connecting, says i may not have gprs, edge, 3g, or wifi. Im pretty sure my phone has 3g, this does work with droid right?

Edit: Never mind, its working now

How you like this app? you still miss your verizon crap voice mail? lol