Odd issue with testing my wife

bailman

Reaction score
For some reason everytime I open my wifes messages, there is automatically "not" in the message box? It doesn't matter how many times I delete it, it comes back...very annoying! Any thoughts on how to permanently delete it? Thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
lol, the title of this thread was interesting. I'm not quite sure I really understand what you're saying. You check your wife's text messages and there's a "not" ?????? in the message box? Are you saying there's a text that appears that has "not" in the body? Or when you're typing a text message, in the box that you type, "not" appears when you start typing?

Some troubleshooting questions that will help us help you:
1. Have you restarted your phone since this incident (full restart not quick)?
2. Does your wife use a 3rd party keyboard or stock?

gujupmp88

Reaction score
in the messaging app, press menu and then drafts. there should be a draft that says "not" in there. delete it and than send another message. it should go away.

T-Dev

Reaction score
and by the way, stop testing your wife. she wont put up with it for very long.... ROFLMAO

djakrse

Reaction score
Funny autocorrect :D I like this suggestion.

in the messaging app, press menu and then drafts. there should be a draft that says "not" in there. delete it and than send another message. it should go away.

Last edited:
OP
B

bailman

Reaction score
Well, I went and cleared the data for messaging and it seems to have taken care of the problem. Autocorrect can be annoying at times...

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Well, I went and cleared the data for messaging and it seems to have taken care of the problem. Autocorrect can be annoying at times...

True that, if I could be a little more accurate, I'd turn off autocorrect because it causes me more problems than not.