Odd camera bug

gambit07

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a problem with the camera and I'm wondering if anybody else has this issue. When I take a picture sometimes the camera blacks out a large portion of the image with a horizontal line. It covers up more or less of the picture seemingly randomly. At first I thought I was covering the lens with my hand or something but I am not. I'm including a picture I took as reference. I've already tried clearing camera data/cache, rebooting, etc. Any ideas?

t6qbfo.jpg

heleos

Reaction score
It's weird that the black seems to have a shadow that blends into the picture. Makes it seem like there is something blocking the lens, maybe internally? You should try isolating the problem, maybe seeing if its more common in landscape or portrait mode

OP
gambit07

gambit07

Reaction score
That's what I wondered too but everything looked fine in the image preview screen, it was only once the picture was taken that the black showed up. Anyway its working okay today so far, not sure what happened.

Thoraldus

Reaction score
Looks like the electronic shutter is not syncing with the flash. Do you have the same problem when you do not use the flash?

OP
gambit07

gambit07

Reaction score
Looks like the electronic shutter is not syncing with the flash. Do you have the same problem when you do not use the flash?

At the time it was using flash because it was dark, I haven't been able to recreate the problem since with flash on or off so I'm not sure what happened.

shark1987

Reaction score
i've had this happen alot actually. Really frustrating when it happens, and it comes and goes. I think it's the two flash LED's not flashing in sync, or maybe one isn't flashing at all.

joshuachavers

Reaction score
battery not camera

it happens on my droid all the time...it happens when the battery power is low and the flash is on...if you plug it into a power source and take the picture it does fine or let it just charge then take the picture...not sure why but seems like low battery=a slow camera/flash sync issue

Thoraldus

Reaction score
it happens on my droid all the time...it happens when the battery power is low and the flash is on...if you plug it into a power source and take the picture it does fine or let it just charge then take the picture...not sure why but seems like low battery=a slow camera/flash sync issue

That actually makes sense. The camera flash probably requires a certain minimum system voltage to operate properly.

qamo

Reaction score
At the time it was using flash because it was dark, I haven't been able to recreate the problem since with flash on or off so I'm not sure what happened.