Obnoxious Browser Behavior when Typing

Whitechapel

Reaction score
When I'm on my phone and on the web, I've tried Dolphin Browser HD and the stock browser, I have a huge issue with this digital keyboard. I type out a post, I make a mistake a few lines back. I cannot get that little blue space indicator to EVER go to the right spot. I try and try to drag it to the correct place, but the screen will reset itself if I'm zoomed in and keep going over the same words. Then it seems to like to go wherever it wants, I click the spot I want it to go to, and the screen will go back to the opposite side and not move the blue marker. How do I navigate when typing on a form on my phone and I make a mistake and need to go back and correct it. This problem is costing me a ton of lunch time because I have to get lucky to get the thing to go to the correct place to fix the mistake. Running stock ICS and using Swype as a keyboard.

Any tips for posting on websites with forms? Also, what about forums that don't have apps? I could do it all from the browser if only the thing didn't give me a migraine every time I had to post a long post.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have the same issues. You can try going to the settings in the upper right corner of the forum then along the left side select General Settings and scroll down and you will see a Forum Editor option. There's 3 options. Try them out and see which works best for you.

Djanvk

Reaction score
I've noticed some of the same issues in landscape orientation.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guys, I don't have a clue on the Nexus. I'll assume it's a 4 inch screen, if it's 3 inch, well, that would make it harder. I've gone from 3" to 4" and it is easier if you've been "trained" on a 3 inch screen.

So my recommendation is you use voice activation and just tell it what to type. Maybe save you some frustration.

nleksan

Reaction score
I have the same problem at times, as I post on a number of forums and I tend to be rather verbose ;)