OBEX file transfer on android

Phreaker47

Reaction score
My point exactly as VZW uses software to disable hardware features.
On your LG, perhaps yes. On the Droid, no.
Last time I checked, bluetooth was radio technology. Radios of this type require both the software and the hardware to function.
Wow, thanks for the lesson. The hardware is a dumb device, it either works or doesn't. The SOFTWARE is what provides the profiles and how it can/can't connect. In the case of android-based devices, different apps can attach to different profiles. Lots of different music players can listen for A2DP media controls, for example. And Bluetooth FTP CAN AND DOES obex ftp.

[video=youtube;Cdiz0k0Rudw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw"]YouTube - Boxxy - Trollin' Loop[/video]

I dunno what to tell you, man. I just DID an obex send JUST NOW. Worked 100% just fine. What do you want, screenshots? Your LG, on the other hand, is a different story...

I think he's just mad he sent back his Droid before finding out he was wrong :blink:

Not only can all BT profiles be done, it's not even something that requires rooting. :icon_ banana:

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Yes...it's always amazing to see someone who doesn't own the device tell you what it can't do, especially when they are arguing against those that do own the device and are telling you that it can do it. :)

TheHoovie

Reaction score
again i agree

i agree. a shame. not sorry i sent back that POS VZW Moto device at all.

TheHoovie

Reaction score
HTC Incredible comes tommorow.

Not sure but I think you can get the Chocolate in pink. I got one of those Nokia 7205 Intrigue with a pink keypad. It's a very sleek looking device.

The HTC incredible comes tomorrow. I'll be sure to let you know if it works with my bluetooth printers and laptop out of the box. Even if it does OBEX, it has to not lie to me and provide wrong information like the Moto Droid did every day. We may have to wait for the LG Ally or similar to get accurate information on an Android device.

Se7enLC

Reaction score
The HTC incredible comes tomorrow. I'll be sure to let you know if it works with my bluetooth printers and laptop out of the box. Even if it does OBEX, it has to not lie to me and provide wrong information like the Moto Droid did every day. We may have to wait for the LG Ally or similar to get accurate information on an Android device.

They are all running the same Android OS, you're going to get the same exact results. It's not going to print or talk to a laptop via OBEX out of the box, you have to install apps to do those things. AFAIK, there aren't yet any printing apps for android.