[Ω] Call Master Beta CDMA support thread

subspace

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Call Master Beta

Welcome to the open beta of Call Master, the most advanced call and text message firewall available for Android. With unique, powerful features and the proven reliability of Root Call Blocker under the hood, this application is for both the casual and advanced user.

Features:

Ω List-based functionality
Ω Completely silent
Ω Seven reject methods
Ω Filter SMS by content
Ω Text routing and replies
Ω Customizable, obfuscatable notifications
Ω Prioritization
Ω Regular expression and wildcard filters
Ω New features every week!

We are working hard to expand the functionality offered by this app and will have ample opportunity to do so during the beta. You will always be able to see coming changes here in the description. Currently under development: virtual private conversations, hidden mode from Root Call Blocker and additional predefined Special number groups.

For RCB users:

If you are coming to this app from Root Call Blocker, you may need to read all the help again, as blocking principles have changed to a list/priority rather than purely profile based system.

Debugging:

Help us make this the finest call and SMS management app by participating! You can use our internal debugging tools to send logs or write suggestions. Please post here as well, as communal troubleshooting is very effective.

I am lead developer on the project and want to correct some of the issues that are bound to arise since we are not in a CDMA area but make applications for a global audience. Feel free to PM me with any issues you feel cant be dealt with publically.

Permissions:

INTERNET needed for flurry and license. Debug data is only sent manually with your permission.
ACCOUNTS, PERSONAL needed for contact groups and logging system.
SERVICES for text message routing and automatic replies.
SD CARD is for backup and restore and logging.

Market:

The beta will only be accessible via the android market. Please do not post suggestions as reviews. Instead send us emails, write here or through the "Write to us" dialog.

https://market.android.com/details?id=fahrbot.apps.blacklist&feature=search_result

Reviews:

Please leave reviews on the market to help us monetize this app. No need for donations, just a few kind words is more than enough. Thank you very much.

Screens:

OP
subspace

subspace

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
An update is on its way. This will add CDMA private conversations. Please leave comments or use write to us in the app to send some feedback on how its working. We are in a GSM are and would appreciate it!

OP
subspace

subspace

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Any comments on private conversations? Everything working OK?

OP
subspace

subspace

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hi guys, I would really appreciate some feedback.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just downloaded it. Could be a little more intuitive, but considering what apps like this do it's understandable that they aren't the simplest things on earth. I rarely get telemarketing or strange calls though so I'm not sure how often I'd use this. I'll be keeping it on my phone to activate though should things change.

OP
subspace

subspace

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
We are working on improving the help, it will come after the new ui is implemented.

For now we have added private conversations and led notifications.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, major issue arose. Set to block calls and text from blocked or "unknown" numbers, allow from all contacts. The call side worked fine and allowed known numbers through, but all texts from known numbers were being blocked.

Looks as though the "Default" profile is always block, but that it puts all as the default group for this profile. Guess that's how you guys meant to set it up, but seems as though the initial setting should be unlisted or blocked numbers. Also, no log was being created when items were rejected.

Also forgot: the first time the app runs it locks the 3G radio on and constantly attempts to send data I only noticed because about ten minutes after installing it was the number one app for battery usage and I'd had the phone on all day. Not sure what process it's trying to run, but it definitely needs to be fixed.

OP
subspace

subspace

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Well, major issue arose. Set to block calls and text from blocked or "unknown" numbers, allow from all contacts. The call side worked fine and allowed known numbers through, but all texts from known numbers were being blocked.

Looks as though the "Default" profile is always block, but that it puts all as the default group for this profile. Guess that's how you guys meant to set it up, but seems as though the initial setting should be unlisted or blocked numbers. Also, no log was being created when items were rejected.

Also forgot: the first time the app runs it locks the 3G radio on and constantly attempts to send data I only noticed because about ten minutes after installing it was the number one app for battery usage and I'd had the phone on all day. Not sure what process it's trying to run, but it definitely needs to be fixed.

Regarding the first part of what you said... i didnt understand any of it im afraid so im guessing you missed out on some of the apps finer points too. Read the help please, its very expansive.

Now the issue with 3g locking in. That we have done on purpose. Its a testing measure and will be removed (re battery though, thats just an ilusion, as i assume youre talking about the moments immediately after reboot). Also, in the future, please send logs if you have issues, use the "Write to us" item in settings.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didn't have a problem setting up the app, the issue is that some of the settings don't work properly. Even when I use the default "Allow All" and block unknown and blocked numbers the system kicks back everyone's texts and fails to create a log of them on top of that. The only way I receive them properly is if I choose allow all in contacts, but this blocks texts from any numbers not saved in my phone.

Great concepts for the app, but it simply is not functioning as it should. The interface really does need to become much more intuitive as well. Again, I know this is an advanced app in terms of what it can do, but it should be easier for users to jump right into. I've done most everything to my phone possible except install custom roms, and if I can manage all that I should be able to delve into your app without feeling like I need to be a technician. Just my two cents, but this is a support and feedback thread, no?

OP
subspace

subspace

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hi again. You see we have some experience making call filters. And i tell you its some error of your own making. Look carefully at your settings. Better yet, perform a fresh install and start again, this time reading the help as you go (its contextual). Start by making lists, or action lists. Then add them to a profile.

Allow all in contacts? That makes no sense. This application is based on lists and actions, not contacts or blacklists.

Dont take it personally, its just that youre the first one with this issue in 4000 daily users or so... chances are, you havent set it up correctly.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
You're absolutely correct. I am an idiot and incapable of reporting to you exactly what was shown on my screen. I'd take screenshots to back up what I'm saying, but I'm also too dumb to figure out how to install the app again and even if I could certainly will find that reality has shifted and that the settings no longer appear as they did previously. If you like you can request one of the mods to remove my comments from this thread as I am certainly not the type of user you have in mind and any input that I offer will only serve to cloud the issue for those capable of comprehending the grand scope of your powerhouse application. I bid thee adieu, as I am off to end myself for having failed at life; pray that in this endeavor I succeed lest like so much else I find myself ill-equipped to handle the task. :dry:

OP
subspace

subspace

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Ok. But you are still wrong.

OP
subspace

subspace

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Oh and just to add to that frustrated speech of yours. I exchanged 12 emails with one customer today, who kept telling me that I should add a hidden mode to the app. I told him we already had a hidden mode. He said where I said settings>hidden mode. He said let me try explaining that again... and so it went for 12 emails. 12!

Eventually I explained step by step. Haven't heard from him since. Must have swollowed his indignity when he realised that his brain was not working as well as he assumed :)

OP
subspace

subspace

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Well mission impossible seems to have bit the dust...

shaggykid

Reaction score
Or he could be right and be having problems with your app. You know that does happen...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums