NYC Still connection problems ALL DAY LONG

gfunk

Reaction score
Anyone still having connection problems? I got the first update, then the second. I'm sitting in my office in downtown NYC, where there is a CONSTANT 4G signal. However to date, my phone will only hold a 4G connection for 5 minutes at a time before losing ALL connectivity (sometimes it will show the 3G icon - however it will not connect to the internet at all when it shows this). The only way I can fix this is to turn on airplane mode, then off again. It will usually reconnect to 4G after a minute or two after doing this. Otherwise, it usually just doesn't reconnect to 4G (or any connection to the internet whatsoever) on its own.

But seriously? Youtube = useless, Web browsing = only available about 25% of the time that I want to use it, the list goes on.

Has anyone found a way to SOLVE this? Is rooting the answer? What must be done? New radio? Please be detailed if you have success with your connection. Thanks!

Jaymond

Reaction score
Have you tried pulling your battery and SIM card for a few minutes? If that doesn't work you may need to do a factory reset.

Jeyman

Reaction score
its not normal, Id call Verizon. Dont root it unelss you are good at cleaning up after yourself if you need to return it. Sounds like you might have a bad device(do a factory reset and what the guy above said) if that fails, you very well may need to get a new one from Verizon. I pass around NYC all the time. Live right outside of Queens and see drops in 4g service but a few times a day(max)