NVIDIA Videos Show Off Kepler Architecture for Mobile Coming Later in Tegra 5

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;Vx0t-WJFXzo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx0t-WJFXzo&feature=player_detailpage[/video]​

NVIDIA continues to push the envelope on gaming graphics. There are barely any Tegra 4 devices launched just yet, but they are already showing off their next generation Tegra 5/"Logan" technology. They made it clear that they have figured out how to bring their famous desktop PC Kepler architecture to mobile chipsets. This is the same technology used in their Titan graphics card, only it is shrunk and tweaked to work for mobile devices.

[video=youtube;miEglxHz1iA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miEglxHz1iA&feature=player_detailpage[/video]​

Besides bringing the incredible graphics prowess to mobile devices, they were also able to make stunning achievements in power efficiency. The Kepler series of graphics cards in desktop PCs are the GeForce GTX 600 & 700, and usually require up to 250 watts of power. The new 28 nanometer Kepler for mobile can display amazing graphics (relatively speaking) with only 2-3 watts of power.

To be clear, the Kepler architecture for mobile does not look as good as its desktop PC counterpart; however, it's graphical fidelity and capabilities far exceed anything else out there in the mobile world. Just take a peek at the two videos above and you will get a glimpse of what the future of mobile gaming holds.

You can see more here at NVIDIA's blog: NVIDIA Brings Kepler, World?s Most Advanced Graphics Architecture, to Mobile Devices

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I doubt we'll ever see these in a phone. Maybe tablets, but I think NVidia is going to start pushing out gaming devices like the Ouya.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am amazed and astounded, much like I was when they introduced that the PS3 would be able to do the same thing...yes I said the PS3.

Many years later, I have yet to see a PS3 or even PS4 game for that matter that could match the level of detail that face had, in REAL TIME. This is amazing. My BRAIN wanted to tell me that the man's face was fake, but my EYES begged to differ. In the past, it's always been that they both agreed. :happy3:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I am amazed and astounded, much like I was when they introduced that the PS3 would be able to do the same thing...yes I said the PS3.

Many years later, I have yet to see a PS3 or even PS4 game for that matter that could match the level of detail that face had, in REAL TIME. This is amazing. My BRAIN wanted to tell me that the man's face was fake, but my EYES begged to differ. In the past, it's always been that they both agreed. :happy3:

You should see the demo running on an NVidia Titan video card. Its even better. I dont' doubt the quality will be there, but to put it in a smartphone sized package, I doubt I'll see. Battery life and all that jazz...only time will tell.