Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

asusipad.jpg
NVIDIA CEO Jen-Hsun Huang has revealed that the company has already found 10 design wins for the upcoming quad core "Kal-El" next gen processor, leading the outspoken exec to predict that, within three years, Android tablets will be outselling Apple’s iPad. Speaking at the Reuters summit, Huang pointed to the rapid progress of Android smartphones, suggesting that the same pattern would hold true in tablets.

“The Android phone took only two and a half years to achieve the momentum that we’re talking about” he explained. “I would expect the same thing on Honeycomb tablets.”
Kal-El will, Huang believes, help lead that drive. NVIDIA’s next chip has apparently found a space “at least ten” devices; “we have five major phone companies and we have five major PC [manufacturers]” he revealed. Kal-El was announced back in February, promising 5x the performance of Tegra 2 as found in current Honeycomb tablets like the Motorola XOOM and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.

Slash Gear

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Interesting. We'll see though. I think the hardest part is swaying public opinion. In my experience you could tell the average consumer all of the amazing things about a honeycomb tab and they would still say "yeah but this is an ipad"

tappin and a talkin

bassjason

Reaction score
Totally agree about pricing. If theres a decent android tablet that can at least squash the ipads price, I think it's going to make tablets alot more mainstream.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
In 3 years the iPAD will be oldskool and Apple will have released another revolutionary technology.