Nova Prime SALE

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Bought it for $.99 last time. Still not a fan.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I purchased it a long time ago. I like it well enough. Google Now Launcher serves me just fine ATM, but I'm prepared to go back to Nova or another if they get rid of the app drawer and I confirm that I don't care for that setup.

OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
One of the best launchers IMO ...what don't you like @Mustang02 ? I'm curious what peeps dislike ...

6s Plus

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of the best launchers IMO ...what don't you like @Mustang02 ? I'm curious what peeps dislike ...

6s Plus
What I don't like about it is when I contact the developer about any bugs he ALWAYS blames it on my carrier updates. Same bug, 3 carriers but it's the carriers fault. I used to use a couple of other of their apps as well but the arrogance caused me to go elsewhere. My bug with the launcher is I signed up for the beta version, via Google+, but decided I wanted to go back to the paid and more stable version. Nothing will work to stop it from installing the beta version now when I either uninstall , trying to get back to the paid one , or when I put it on a new device. For whatever reason the Play Store takes me to the beta I've tried to get away from.
What I do like about it is the docks, the customize ability is better than others I've tried and the speed. It's never been really buggy other than I don't want to be a beta tester anymore.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
What I don't like about it is when I contact the developer about any bugs he ALWAYS blames it on my carrier updates. Same bug, 3 carriers but it's the carriers fault. I used to use a couple of other of their apps as well but the arrogance caused me to go elsewhere. My bug with the launcher is I signed up for the beta version, via Google+, but decided I wanted to go back to the paid and more stable version. Nothing will work to stop it from installing the beta version now when I either uninstall , trying to get back to the paid one , or when I put it on a new device. For whatever reason the Play Store takes me to the beta I've tried to get away from.
What I do like about it is the docks, the customize ability is better than others I've tried and the speed. It's never been really buggy other than I don't want to be a beta tester anymore.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Do you try to install regular version thru the app settings ? I've switched back and forth without issues ...I will take a look tonight when I get to my Nexus ...

6s Plus

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Did signing up for the beta make you join a tester group? Most of the betas I've done in recent times have you join the testers group. Until you leave that group, the Play Store will install the beta version, if that's the case.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did signing up for the beta make you join a tester group? Most of the betas I've done in recent times have you join the testers group. Until you leave that group, the Play Store will install the beta version, if that's the case.
Yes I did and yes I left the group
Do you try to install regular version thru the app settings ? I've switched back and forth without issues ...I will take a look tonight when I get to my Nexus ...

6s Plus
Please elaborate. There might be a simple setting I've overlooked for a couple of years now.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Yes I did and yes I left the group

Please elaborate. There might be a simple setting I've overlooked for a couple of years now.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Toggle the beta or regular
59cf5f9c0b39f64db2dc5f7ec55a9653.jpg
3a47afdeab8cb1368df898483125b121.jpg

6s Plus

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Toggle the beta or regular
59cf5f9c0b39f64db2dc5f7ec55a9653.jpg
3a47afdeab8cb1368df898483125b121.jpg

6s Plus
Ok I needed more than that but on a hunch I tapped version then saw little dots in the upper right hand corner for the first time. That's where it was. Thank You Very Much
c6d56693c577c71d2d0ead3d606d21a6.jpg

7c896a27768029027befba87e77ae939.jpg

I'm kinda thick when I get frustrated so I never looked for those little dots I suppose .

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Ok I needed more than that but on a hunch I tapped version then saw little dots in the upper right hand corner for the first time. That's where it was. Thank You Very Much
c6d56693c577c71d2d0ead3d606d21a6.jpg

7c896a27768029027befba87e77ae939.jpg

I'm kinda thick when I get frustrated so I never looked for those little dots I suppose .

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Haha ..I was tired last night left off the what to hit on screenshot lol

6s Plus

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haha ..I was tired last night left off the what to hit on screenshot lol

6s Plus
I feel ya. I've got a middle ear problem that's some big words I can't remember, not an infection, and my doctor has me on high strength decongestants and a blood pressure pill to counter act the bp raise and in the morning for about 4 hours my brain is is in super overdrive but my body is in slumber mode. They reverse for about 3 hours afterward and then I feel like I'm coming down from the adrenaline rush of a car wreck for the rest of the day. I read your post before taking my meds so my brain and body were about as normal as they've been in a few weeks.
Anyway, to anyone thinking of trying Nova Prime for the extra benefits and support the developer, that's a great deal. The freebie version gives most of the vanilla abilities if I remember correctly but the Prime takes it over the top.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Do you still need Prime for the Unread counts badges on app icons? That was one small feature that sold me on Prime (along with others). It's nice to be able to swipe notifications away, but still have that reminder on the app icon that there are things to attend to when you have the time.

Although, I'm pretty sure GN Launcher doesn't do that and I've lived just fine without it, it's just one of those little bells and whistles that's nice to have, even if I have to download the Unread plugin when I use Nova.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you still need Prime for the Unread counts badges on app icons? That was one small feature that sold me on Prime (along with others). It's nice to be able to swipe notifications away, but still have that reminder on the app icon that there are things to attend to when you have the time.

Although, I'm pretty sure GN Launcher doesn't do that and I've lived just fine without it, it's just one of those little bells and whistles that's nice to have, even if I have to download the Unread plugin when I use Nova.
Looks like yes you need Prime for that. I went Prime for the gestures years ago so I had to look it up.
f6b6288a354f537f19535344830d36cd.jpg

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I never REALLY got into using gestures on the homescreen, but I did use them for a bit at one point. Hiding apps in the app drawer is a nice feature as well when you have an app that you can't disable, but don't use. I know that's not exclusive to Nova by any means, but worth the price I paid and definitely worth the discounted price.