Nova 14

martytoo

Reaction score
I am using the latest AOKP ROM with Nova Launcher. I have had no trouble with Nova until beta 14. Once I installed 14 I received a Nova Launcher has closed message on rebooting. So all seemed OK after the installation of 14 until the reboot.

I did this twice to verify that it was Nova that caused the problem.

I am using 13 and waiting for beta 15.

Am I alone?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I have noticed a couple slight redraws but otherwise seems like it is running well to me. Did you try doing the in app upgrade or uninstalling 13 and then installing 14 after that?

OP
martytoo

martytoo

Reaction score
I just let it upgrade without uninstalling. I think I will wait for 15.

OP
martytoo

martytoo

Reaction score
Update to build 23 of AOKP was no better for use with beta 14 on my Nexus. I then did a full wipe and the problem disappeared.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Good to hear. I have been having luck with it as well :biggrin:

OP
martytoo

martytoo

Reaction score
One of the things I like most about Nova is that my bookmarks stored on my homepages are backed up within Nova (and are so easily restored.)

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yeah the backup/restore feature is a big one for me too. Makes flashing new ROMs and setting it up as easy as pie!

psuturtle

Reaction score
Been searching the net and can't really find an answer for this. Maybe it's not a feature at this point, but does anybody know how to place multiple "apps" icons in the dock? What I want to do is have 3 scrollable dock pages at the bottom, and then have the center icon on each page be for the app drawer. Then you can quickly get to your app drawer no matter which dock page you're on (instead of having to scroll back to the one dock page that has the icon for the app drawer).

I think launcher pro used to do this either by default or it had an option for it. Was hoping Nova had it as well.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Been searching the net and can't really find an answer for this. Maybe it's not a feature at this point, but does anybody know how to place multiple "apps" icons in the dock? What I want to do is have 3 scrollable dock pages at the bottom, and then have the center icon on each page be for the app drawer. Then you can quickly get to your app drawer no matter which dock page you're on (instead of having to scroll back to the one dock page that has the icon for the app drawer).

I think launcher pro used to do this either by default or it had an option for it. Was hoping Nova had it as well.

Nova has a swipable dock option

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+

If you swipe side to side the app drawer short cut will move. But you can add it to each section by long pressing on the screen, selecting Nova Actions, selecting App Drawer, and then dragging it to the different sections of the dock.

psuturtle

Reaction score
If you swipe side to side the app drawer short cut will move. But you can add it to each section by long pressing on the screen, selecting Nova Actions, selecting App Drawer, and then dragging it to the different sections of the dock.

YESSS!! Thanks dood!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
No problem. Enjoy all the app drawers! :biggrin: