Nougat Coming To The Note 7 In The Next 2-3 Months!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Nougat Beta has been around for several months for Nexus devices. It has also been available to companies like Samsung so developers can get it integrated into their skin overlays. Samsung looks to have a pretty good start here. They have officially announced that they will have Nougat ready for the Note 7 within the next two or three months.

It is very important for us to offer up-to-date information with the new OS, but what’s more crucial is to build a stable and seamless platform for users,” Koh Dong-jin, president of Samsung’s mobile communications, said. “That’s why we are planning to do enough beta testing before any OS updates.

While this may actually happen for some regions it is likely that US variants won't see the update for several months after the first update hits. Verizon devices won't see the update for a while after that. Still it is nice to see Samsung make this commitment to keep the device up to date!

via Korea Times

Briankbl

Reaction score
Isn't this what they said for the Note 5 and marshmallow, yet Note 5 didn't get marshmallow until around 6-7 months after release?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Isn't this what they said for the Note 5 and marshmallow, yet Note 5 didn't get marshmallow until around 6-7 months after release?
It's what they basically say for every model, update it once, maybe twice, abandon.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I believe the standard now is 2 major updates for a device. I wouldn't call it abandoned after that so much as the majority move to a new device in that time so it's a better allocation of resources to focus on current devices instead of older ones.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I have yet to see anything in Android 7 that I feel I need or that Samsung hasn't been doing for years... I want to see some color and style added to the status bar again...