Notifications when Ringer Mode is on Vibrate

jfinn0

Reaction score
I have seen multiple threads on this subject, but not where I could determine a final resolution. When I have the Ringer Mode on Vibrate I would also expect/like the Notifications to Vibrate. I have not found a way to do this on the Samsung Galaxy 3. I have only found that you either have to have vibrate on or off by selecting the Vibrate option in the Messaging settings. I have tried multiple audio profile type apps which give you the options for if you want it to vibrate like Timmerific, Sound Manager, Setting Profiles, but it doesn't seem to vibrate unless I check that Vibrate option within the messaging settings.

If my ringer volume is on I want the Notifications to also make a noise, if my ringer volume is on Vibrate I want the notifications to Vibrate. Seems like such an easy concept for a cell phone.

Thanks for any suggestions or help!

OP
J

jfinn0

Reaction score
I have seen multiple threads on this subject, but not where I could determine a final resolution. When I have the Ringer Mode on Vibrate I would also expect/like the Notifications to Vibrate. I have not found a way to do this on the Samsung Galaxy 3. I have only found that you either have to have vibrate on or off by selecting the Vibrate option in the Messaging settings. I have tried multiple audio profile type apps which give you the options for if you want it to vibrate like Timmerific, Sound Manager, Setting Profiles, but it doesn't seem to vibrate unless I check that Vibrate option within the messaging settings.

If my ringer volume is on I want the Notifications to also make a noise, if my ringer volume is on Vibrate I want the notifications to Vibrate. Seems like such an easy concept for a cell phone.

Thanks for any suggestions or help!

Anybody have any ideas? It is so frustrating. Thanks!

OP
J

jfinn0

Reaction score
Anybody have any ideas? It is so frustrating. Thanks!

I still not sure what is causing the phone not to vibrate, but I finally found a app that makes it work. Text Vibrations - big savior for me. Basically lets you pick what mode you want the notifications to vibrate in and the phone does what its told. Just figured I would post if anybody else was having the same problem.