Notifications bar won't pull down in Landscape

dlo-htown

Reaction score
For some reason, when my phone is docked in either the desktop cradle or the car dock, I am no longer able to swipe and pull down the notifications bar... it appears that part of the screen will no longer detect short taps or swipes... I have to turn the phone to portrait orientation to be able to swipe and pull down the notifications bar.

Also, while in portrait mode, if I use the on-screen keyboard, the keys farthest right (P, L, and delete) don't register taps, but the keys immediately to their left (O, K, and M) will register instead even though I'm clearly tapping on the P, L or delete key.

However, that portion of the screen WILL detect a long press... while in landscape mode if I long press in the notifications bar area, the "Add to Home screen" popup menu appears...

So it appears that the touch screen itself is not broken completely as it detects long presses, but there is something preventing it from detecting short taps and swipes.

Am I overlooking some setting that disables those actions in portrait mode? I can't imagine that would also affect the keyboard keys though...

Or is my screen hosed in such a unique way and needs repair?

Well, I probably won't repair it... I've been waiting to upgrade to a new Bionic (if it ever comes out), but just wondering how much longer will I have to put up with this weird behavior from my Droid.

Thanks, and sorry if this was discussed already, I tried searching but I didn't have time to sort through the 1000's of search hits to see if this was the same issue. :)

Claeysie

Reaction score
For some reason, when my phone is docked in either the desktop cradle or the car dock, I am no longer able to swipe and pull down the notifications bar... it appears that part of the screen will no longer detect short taps or swipes... I have to turn the phone to portrait orientation to be able to swipe and pull down the notifications bar.

Also, while in portrait mode, if I use the on-screen keyboard, the keys farthest right (P, L, and delete) don't register taps, but the keys immediately to their left (O, K, and M) will register instead even though I'm clearly tapping on the P, L or delete key.

However, that portion of the screen WILL detect a long press... while in landscape mode if I long press in the notifications bar area, the "Add to Home screen" popup menu appears...

So it appears that the touch screen itself is not broken completely as it detects long presses, but there is something preventing it from detecting short taps and swipes.

Am I overlooking some setting that disables those actions in portrait mode? I can't imagine that would also affect the keyboard keys though...

Or is my screen hosed in such a unique way and needs repair?

Well, I probably won't repair it... I've been waiting to upgrade to a new Bionic (if it ever comes out), but just wondering how much longer will I have to put up with this weird behavior from my Droid.

Thanks, and sorry if this was discussed already, I tried searching but I didn't have time to sort through the 1000's of search hits to see if this was the same issue.

I am sorry that I don't have the fix for you, but I can say that I have been experiencing EXACTLY the same symptoms with my Droid2 Global that you described. Unfortunately, your post here is the only place that I have found this exact issue described. Anybody out there who can help?!?

_scott

Reaction score
This is just started happening to me a few days ago. Not sure why, but it's very frustrating.