Notification light on my nexus stays on all the time

4truegrit

Reaction score
Doesn't pulse, on lime green, even if phone is powered off, still stays on. Pull battery, same thing. Factory reset, still on. Phone is stock, never rooted, never downloaded any led apps, like Light Flow? Am at a loss,: phone is new, any ideas before I return it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Might be a hardware glitch.. You could try and put light flow on the phone and maybe that will get it off dead center?!

OP

4truegrit

Reaction score
Thanks, just tried that, didn't help. Same thing, still on. I would just disable it if I had that capability, don't really pay attention to it when it's working and in pulse mode.

atreyu381

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks, just tried that, didn't help. Same thing, still on. I would just disable it if I had that capability, don't really pay attention to it when it's working and in pulse mode.

If your rooted you can try a rom that offers led controls. I believe most of the custom roms offer this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
I posted about this same issue about 2 weeks ago or so with no useful solutions. I do have lightflo installed and have checked all pertinent settings to no avail. I also suddenly now seem to net be getting any notification sounds like i did before. Today with the phone sitting next to me on the desk i noticed the light indicating i had a new text was on but i heard no notification. Also for all my notifications the vibration is not working. Something has interfered with the settings and I have no idea what it was as other than updates I don't remember installing anything new.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I posted about this same issue about 2 weeks ago or so with no useful solutions. I do have lightflo installed and have checked all pertinent settings to no avail. I also suddenly now seem to net be getting any notification sounds like i did before. Today with the phone sitting next to me on the desk i noticed the light indicating i had a new text was on but i heard no notification. Also for all my notifications the vibration is not working. Something has interfered with the settings and I have no idea what it was as other than updates I don't remember installing anything new.

I've noticed that certain apps cause things to get funky. Check the last update date on some of your apps, if they are 6 mo's to a year old they my not play well with 4.0.

OP

4truegrit

Reaction score
If it was caused by a bad app and then not knowing which app it was. Then a factory reset should eliminate the problem. But I've done 2 factory resets to no avail. It lights up as soon as battery is inserted and stays lit permanent.. don't even have to turn on phone? Is rooting the phone going to solve anything? I am very much a novice with all things android..

OP

4truegrit

Reaction score

I don't have your other problems though..notification sounds and vibration work just fine..

atreyu381

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I don't have your other problems though..notification sounds and vibration work just fine..

If you haven't rooted or unlocked it, I would just take it into verizon and maybe get a replacement. Thing is, if you root and or unlock and the problem persists, then you just have to go back through the steps to put it back to stock. Just my opinion though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

KawaiiKirino

Reaction score
Doesn't pulse, on lime green, even if phone is powered off, still stays on. Pull battery, same thing. Factory reset, still on. Phone is stock, never rooted, never downloaded any led apps, like Light Flow? Am at a loss,: phone is new, any ideas before I return it?

This may be late, but I'd just like to answer and solve this issue for those who may have just run across this while searching. This issue is caused by a problem with your USB charging port on the phone. Replace it and it should go back to normal. At least, mine did.

Here is the part.