Notification Bugs

Shwheelz

Reaction score
I've had my Droid Incredible since around January and over the course of texting and emailing, I have encountered a few problems that aren't very drastic, but are continuing to annoy me.

First, I was in the process of deleting text messages when another one came in. The message glitched, and now every time someone texts me, the message that came in while deleting continues to appear on my top notification bar. It does not appear in my inbox, however, my notifacation dropdown bar always states I have one extra unread message than I do. Is there any way to fix this problem without completely disabling all text notifications? (I have already shut my phone off/on multiple times; this message has been present for about 2 months.)

Second, I was emailing a picture to a friend, and when I sent it, I received a notification that my email was invalid and I could not send the picture. Remembering that I had recently changed my email password, I entered the correct information and tried again. My droid still says my email is invalid, and every 10 minutes or so I get a notification saying my email is invalid. I enter the correct information time and time again and my droid will not accept the information. Fixing my email would be a plus, but as long as I can remove the constant notification from the top bar on my phone I will be happy.

If you have answers to both or even just one of my bugs, I would like to hear your thoughts. Like I said, they are minor annoyances, but I would like to get rid of them if I can.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would do a data wipe. It should solve your problem.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

NinnyJame

Reaction score
How do I perform a data wipe? I've been having the message issue for nearly 3 months now.

Sent from my HTC Incredible through droidforums.

cris

Reaction score
go to settings, then sd&phone storage, scroll to the bottom it says factory data reset. click that and reset phone. be sure to do a backup of ur contacts and pics, cause that will wipe out the whole phone.

NinnyJame

Reaction score
Thanks! I will post if it works or not.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using DroidForums

NinnyJame

Reaction score
Is there another way to fix this without wiping the phone? With my luck, something will go wrong. Want to check for other options.

cris

Reaction score
not that i know about, iv had the same issue as you along with many others, im on my 4th replacement phone and still got issues. imma live with it untill i can upgrade ><

NinnyJame

Reaction score
I think I'll do that too. It's extremely annoying but I can ignore it, or pretend to lol. Thanks again.

NinnyJame

Reaction score
I had an idea that I thought I'd share to get some opinions. Would changing the phone number stop the SMS notification bug?

Rasper912

Reaction score
Ok I have an idea. Instead of doing a data wipe of your whole phone, just clear the data of your messaging app and your email app. That should force them back to stock so to speak.

Hope this helps!

PS. To clear the data of an individual application, go setting>applications >manage applications and then choose which app you want to clear the data from. A force stop while you're there couldn't hurt.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

NinnyJame

Reaction score
Clearing the data for the messages app doesn't work. I'm going to change my number and see if that stops it.