Notification Bar Help Please

kikitt

Reaction score
Hello I have a rooted Droid 2 I am currently not using any ROMS(R2D2 version and don't want to lose the stuff that came from that) and I was wondering if there was a way to change the notification bar icons and color..I have not been able to find anything about this, any help is greatly apriciated. Thank you.

-Kikitt

trook

Reaction score
you can download the r2d2 rom.... they have a themers section in this forum, you should be able to find alot of info on that and do it yourself or maybe someone there will make it for you.

allyouhave

Reaction score
It's my understanding that you need to at least be running a deodexed ROM on your phone. If you have either SPRecovery or Clockwork's Recovery, you can flash an update.zip with little to no hassle.

Here's the first post on the thread containing the files you need. You want the second download link, "Droid 2 (2.3.20) Deodexed Update.zip format."

Essentially, when your phone's software is odexed, that means that all the files are sort of like tree roots--pieces of the code are inserted here and there, wherever they will run fastest. However, it makes things damn near impossible to edit. The same software DEodexed has simply been repacked into one convenient file that is easier for developers to modify.

Once you've flashed that, you're ready to start using adb to push modified files on to your phone to do things like change the colour or style of the notifications bar, change icons, remove icons (like the clock), etc...