Note to Self Fail ("unfortunately, Voice Search Has Stopped)

arcopress

Reaction score
Running ICS 4.0.4 Stock. Note to Self has worked flawlessly sin the OTA. Tried clearing cache, data, reboot, no good. All other voice search functions are working, only Note to Self is generating the error.
Anyone else seeing this ?
Any ideas?

Thx
Alan

allredfk

Reaction score
Also running stock 4.0.4 on Razr problem started for me 2-3 weeks ago. I have not been able to find a fix on any forum so far...nothing else seems to be an issue with voice search. I can tell it to navigate or call and it works fine only get "Voice Search Has Stopped" when using Note to Self and then only when i get to the point where you hit send.

OP
A

arcopress

Reaction score
Sounds suspiciously like one the the google updates hosed the Note to Self Send.. glad I'm not alone.
Alan

whozdemanj

Reaction score
did you find a solution

I have a Motorola Razr Maxx and I'm having the exact same problem. All other voice capibilites work great, but when I try a note to self, (which i used alot with my previous phone) it always gives the "unfortunately, voice search has stopped" error. I'm also running ICS 4.0.4 stock.

allredfk

Reaction score
Remove last gmail update and turn off auto updates for gmail...worked for me

OP
A

arcopress

Reaction score
That worked ! How did you figure out Gmail as the bad guy ! THANK YOU THANK YOU...

whozdemanj

Reaction score
worked for me

Who would have thought. That is so ridiculous. I know google is having a hard time managing updates lately, but that is a pretty big deal that they messed up. Yikes. Now I'm stuck using the stock gmail app which definitely doesn't look as good, but at least it works. Thank you thank you.
Remove last gmail update and turn off auto updates for gmail...worked for me

NDanger

Reaction score
Worked for me as well - many thanks! Easy, even though I went to VZ Store, who told me to call VZ Tech Support, who told me to call MOT tech support, all of whom helped me spend time rebooting and stopping and starting the app and clearing cache, etc. to no avail. This took not even a minute - thanks again!

bh56

Reaction score
Removing last gmail update and disabling auto-updates seems like a very limited workaround. Google is constantly updating the app. I have the latest and have this exact error. Anyone figure out the solution to get this working again? Used to work for me.

KSDroid01

Reaction score
Removing last gmail update and disabling auto-updates seems like a very limited workaround. Google is constantly updating the app. I have the latest and have this exact error. Anyone figure out the solution to get this working again? Used to work for me.

Yesterday's Gmail updated resolved this problem on my HTC Rezound...finally!

NDanger

Reaction score
However Gmail still shows a preview of the original message of a thread in the inbox list, rather than a preview of the most recent message in the thread, and I have to go through gymnastics to get it to show the current item(s). What's up with that?