Note 2 Battery life getting real bad.

cooksta3276

Reaction score
When I first got this phone, I could pull 18 hours with 4-6 hours of screen time. Now the battery is dead in 12 hours, even with minimal music playing, 1-3 hours screen time, no BT, solid wifi signal, etc. This seemed to happen right after the Verizon OTA update a few weeks ago, but I'm not 100% sure. Battery graph looks normal, just way steeper than it used to be. I've had several 3 way calls with VZ and Sammy, they've pretty much said if it's not fixed with OS or firmware updates, I'd be allowed to early upgrade at a discount again. Nice offer, but I'd rather have this device functioning. Thanks.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Any new apps installed? GSam Battery Monitor is a handy app that allows more detailed battery stats. You may have a "rogue" app messing things up.

You can also try an app to clear cache ... this can help the phone run a bit better. If you're comfortable, you can boot into recovery and clear cache that way too, but you have to be sure not to pick factory reset!! In order to enter recovery mode, you will first have to turn off your device. Once it’s turned off, press volume up + power button + home button simultaneously and keep them pressed until you see the recovery mode.

Let us know how things turn out! Good luck

lindel

Reaction score
One thing I've noticed is the phone never kills an app. I've had to go in and close apps after each use. A custom ROM can help too, Jedi-XX works well for me.

rumblee1

Reaction score
I've had my note 2 since day 1 and always got between 15-18 hours on a charge. But today, my battery went from 68% to 15 in less than 4 hours. When I checked my battery status, the culprit was dolphin browser. So, I uninstalled dolphin, charged my note 2, and everything is fine again. Any ideas as to what happened?

OP
C

cooksta3276

Reaction score
I've had my note 2 since day 1 and always got between 15-18 hours on a charge. But today, my battery went from 68% to 15 in less than 4 hours. When I checked my battery status, the culprit was dolphin browser. So, I uninstalled dolphin, charged my note 2, and everything is fine again. Any ideas as to what happened?

I am using Dolphin Browser, I think that will be my first try. It's up to about 120mb also, seems awfully heavy for a browser. Chrome seems buggy and clunky, I'll have to check some others out. I also noticed Jellybean keyboard updated and the phone defaulted back to stock keyboard, oh well that's an easy fix. I'll keep you guys updated on how it goes. Thanks.

OP
C

cooksta3276

Reaction score
Looks like Dual Clock was the rogue app. Disabled it (hopefully that doesn't mess anything up). Going better so far, just doesn't seem like what it was 2 months ago. If the X phone impresses I'll probably bail on the GN2. Thanks for the help.