not sure what to do now

Donald Garrick

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
POSH PRO
I have an Droid X that I think I have truly misse up. All of my files are missing. When I turn it on the droid eye comes on and it even shows the time and date, but other than that my screen is completely white. Can someone help me please?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Were you rooted? Try a very long press of the power button for a restart to see if the same thing happens.

OP
Donald Garrick

Donald Garrick

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
POSH PRO
Well I had rooted it before to get rid of unwanted apps that were pre installed, bad ideal for me. I went to the app store and downloaded this app where I thought I could save my messages on my sd card and ending up missing everything.

baudwalk

Reaction score
You may have a circuit board failure, judging from what you describe. I had a Droid Bionic fail. Couldn't get beyond the eye. VZW had me pull the SD card to save my files, then walked me through an attempted restart that didn't work. Something in the circuitry failed, as proven by an attempted total phone wipe. I didn"t feel like upgrading (nothing appealed to me). I signed on the insured-replacement Bionic phone, shut it off and then put the SD card in. All files appeared, and I got apps back from the Play Store.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
I have an Droid X that I think I have truly misse up. All of my files are missing. When I turn it on the droid eye comes on and it even shows the time and date, but other than that my screen is completely white. Can someone help me please?
Have you tried safe mode?

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

AppBatics

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Nexus
Definitely try safe mode. If Safe Mode doesn't work, pretty sure it's something that happened to the hardware - for example, has water (even a drop!) gone into the phone?

OP
Donald Garrick

Donald Garrick

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
POSH PRO
Definitely try safe mode. If Safe Mode doesn't work, pretty sure it's something that happened to the hardware - for example, has water (even a drop!) gone into the phone?
No water, nothing just was doing something that i didn't understand. But i seen the file that i saved everything in but i can't pulled it up. It went to a AKP file. Any suggestions

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
you can see all the apps installed by device

OP
Donald Garrick

Donald Garrick

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
POSH PRO
Well on this other droid x that I bought (I can not use the USB) on my SD card, it has: files/download/MyBackup.apk(its showing this to be like a system file).The site I went through rerware, and the file is also on SD card. It's showing as reware/AllBackups/Data_2014_08_27/A000002257862D.mbp(there is a questionmark for file) and this is the same sd card out off my old Droid X.