Not So Newbie

Dr.Evol500

Reaction score
Well I've had this account for a while now, but haven't posted because I haven't had a Droid yet, until yesterday. I finally got my Incredible in the mail after ordering it on June 8th. So far I love the phone and don't really see myself trading it in for a DX.

Couple questions though, I turned off the haptic feedback, but whenever u use Google talk and type on websites (like right now) the phone still vibrates, is there any fix for this or am I stuck with it? I like the feature, but I'm trying to get my battery to last as long as possible. Also is there any way to turn off the notification sound without turning off the ringer? At work I would still like my phone to ring, but when I get emails and texts I would prefer that it just vibrate. Also does anyone have any app suggestions?

Thanks for having me here on the forums!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forums. Due to the nature of your question I put you in a spot where I feel you have the best chance of getting a response.

OP
D

Dr.Evol500

Reaction score
Yeeeeeah, I got it to just vibrate and not make a noise when I get texts or emails. I was just scrolling through the ringer selection too fast and didn't see the choice for "silent"...doh. One other thing though, my Google Talk keeps signing me out all the time. Any way to keep it from doing that?

Woehoss

Reaction score
You can change the notification settings for each type of notification by going into the settings within the individual app rather than the general settings of the phone. Go to messages, tap menu > settings and you'll see a list of settings to change the tone, vibrate and such for your SMS and MMS. Same can be done with email, facebook, twitter etc...

Haven't had any issue with Google Talk signing me out, I don't use it that much though.