Not sending text messages

Brianmd

Reaction score
My Incredible is receiving text messages but won't send any. This started a few days ago. Help!!

Droideous

Reaction score
I had a similar problem where my phone would not receive text messages. I went to "Messages" then hit "Menu", "settings", hit "Menu" again and "Restore Default Settings". I don't know if it will work the same but I had downloaded an App for txt messaging to allow my txt to pop up and it really messed with me not getting text messages. Hope this helps!

FireMedic65

Reaction score
I had this happen to me. I went through all the normal fixes... pull battery for a min or so, clear data/cache, re-install app (did it in handcent and default app). Even went as far as factory re-set.

After all of that... The fix was check your friends numbers. If there is a + or 1 in front of them, take them out. I did this and have not had any problems since. A verizon tech said it had something to do with the phone thinking you are trying to make international texts.

dodger55fan

Reaction score
I searched everywhere for a fix for this as well, tried all the normal stuff, reset all settings and cleared all the data/cache on message apps and even uninstalled the non-default one, still didn't work.

What fixed it was actually simply deleting all of my texts, i guess at least on the droid (i have the original moto droid), and maybe on some other android phones there is a memory limit for messages, and I must have hit that.

Anyways, just thought I'd post that for future reference since I couldn't find anything about it and it took me a day to realize.

adriangreen369

Reaction score
I had a similar problem where my phone would not receive text messages. I went to "Messages" then hit "Menu", "settings", hit "Menu" again and "Restore Default Settings". I don't know if it will work the same but I had downloaded an App for txt messaging to allow my txt to pop up and it really messed with me not getting text messages. Hope this helps!

This worked for me. Pretty easy, it may have had something to do with a previous messaging app or settings you had previously set unknowingly

Swis21

Reaction score
Nothing said above has helped I cannot send or receive.sms or mks and nothing changed at all and have done bath pull booted in recovery mode factory reset deleted cache. I have droid 2 Global.and I would really like to know what happened.

kanyonkritter

Reaction score
A855....wont send or recieve texts and has no data connection???any fix for this?