Not Charging, Flashing, and Alot of headaches

DannySkates420

Reaction score
So i have my A855, great phone, other than the fact, it only charges when the battery is completely dead, im using the original charger, ive tried others, and used diffrent outlets, HERES THE SCOOP.. It flashes the white light next to the charger, i dont see a red charging light, and when its on, i plug the charger in, and plug it into the wall, it freaks out, flashing white light, and makes the phone go crazy, there is no warranty i cannot replace it, i ordered a new digitizer for it, mine was broken it a freak accident and im wondering if the fourm can help me out with this annoying thing, also, it does the whole, charges to 5 percent and nothing, then at 15, and so on and so on, it never fully recharges, ive done the factory reset, new battery and everything help... <:(

Last edited:

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
:welcome: You say there is no warranty, so that's out, because it sounds like a hardware issue. If you see the white light flashing while trying to charge, it sounds like the charging port is borked. At this point I guess your best bet is to get a battery only charger and spare battery. I have heard that Amazon and eBay are good sources if you don't want to go through VZW like I did a year ago. Just make sure that your spare battery is totally listed as an OEM because there are lot's of fakes out there.

good luck

OP
D

DannySkates420

Reaction score
Hmm from what i understand, though my Digitizer is broken, thats a easy fix, while im at it, i have another A855 that has the front slide thing completely gone, it wasnt me, i found it haha, anyway, is it possible while im changing out the Digitizer, also replacing the Motherboard? OR would that change my ESN aswell? i mean its no problem as long as the extra i have has a clean ESN, what do you think i should do?
And what i mean by motherboard is the Charging/ microsd/ wtf/ever is on it

OP
D

DannySkates420

Reaction score
This is interesting, its charging, while off plugged into the computer, it wont charge while off in the wall, haha i really dont understand whats going on

codezero639

Reaction score
pleaseee helppp!!!

alright so ive had my droid 2 for a few months now and has always worked great. i got a new droid and never used my old one for a while. i tried turning on my old droid 2 and red lights started blinking. i then started charging and green light started flashing so i turned on and it said droid but nothing came up. i took out the battery and tried charging again. now my droid only flashes green light when charging but no other light lights up. charging light stopped working and screen remains black through whole process and no numbers or buttons light up i have tried everything and no post has helped

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Sounds like a hardware failure, if you truly have tried everything you've read. Warranty replacement.

good luck