Not Able to Remove Accounts

buee

Reaction score
I wanted to check out the Motorola Widgets on my D2. The social networking app claims that I don't have any accounts setup and prompts me to set them up. In the background of this prompt, I see status updates so it seems to be loading them. I got to set up an account, I have numerous accounts selected. I attempt to remove the accounts there and I get "an error has occurred" and the account doesn't do anything. I go in to account on my phone to remove the account, I get the same thing. I removed the Facebook app to test it, then it just kicks over to another Facebook app option, still can't remove it. I'm rooted so I ran Titanium Backup and cleared app data for the Social Networking app, still the same error.

Any hints or tips? It appears I can't remove any accounts once I've added them!

vrizenh8tr

Reaction score
OMFG, I've tried to reply to this forum TWICE on my Droid 2 and so far it has not posted.

I believe it is a problem of conflicting running services. Go to settings > applications > running services and then disable every service that has to do with social networking, email, or updates. I also went to settings > data manager > data delivery and disabled background updates (just in case)

Then immediately go remove that accounts that you want to remove. Good luck!

Woot FTWATW

OP
B

buee

Reaction score
OMFG, I've tried to reply to this forum TWICE on my Droid 2 and so far it has not posted.

I believe it is a problem of conflicting running services. Go to settings > applications > running services and then disable every service that has to do with social networking, email, or updates. I also went to settings > data manager > data delivery and disabled background updates (just in case)

Then immediately go remove that accounts that you want to remove. Good luck!

Woot FTWATW

This was literally the first email I got AFTER I did a factory reset on my phone. It appears I was resetting it as you were typing the reply. The good news is that the factory default worked like a champ. I can add and remove accounts as I please. It also fixed a bunch of other weird little quirks like rooting took hours before, now it takes about 10-20 minutes. My e-mail comes in on the normal schedule now, too. Before, I could go days without getting an email until I rebooted the phone or forced it to check for email, now it seems to be coming in just fine.