Not a bash, but its really not that great of a phone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tas

Reaction score
No Hdmi out (unless I missed it)

Not once in the nearly 2 years I have had the Droid 1 have I uttered the words " I wish I had HDMI out so I could see my phone screen on my TV."

Solving the worlds problems one at a time. Currently I am way behind.

GoBears

Reaction score
Man, can't wait. I sure hope it drops on Monday. Not only is that my birthday but vzw service us calling me back to see which phone I want to upgrade to.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

spruce_rd

Reaction score
I think you are missing the poit OP. My HDMI cords at home aren't going to plug into my RAZR without an adaptor. My HDMI cords at home aren't going to plug into my Nexus (when I trade-in) without an adaptor. No difference.

So I think all I have to point out is:

You can knock the MPs of the camera if you know nothing about camera technology. Which is sad.
You can knock the no FM transmitter if you still listen to FM radio. Which is sad.
You can knock the "no removeable storage" if you are still not syncing with your computer and cloud storage. Which is sad.
You can knock the 1.2ghsz vs. 1.5 ghz if you don't want to root your phone for overclocking and free mobile hotspot. Which is sad.
You can knock the no Sense or Wiz or Blur if you are... idk. Which is sad.

... maybe a Nexus developer phone isn't for you after all.

The bottom line is this phone is going to be the ultimate Android experience. It is going to be pure Android the way it is meant to be. It's going to be watched over and followed closely by Google with updates and new features. It's the first US phone with NFC. It has a beautiful 4.65" screen. It doesn't waste bezel space on physical buttons. The notification light is FINALLY(!!!!) back. It has a battery size that all LTE packing phones should be required to have. And it has a 1.5ghz processor (hardware) under the hood.

What is there to not like? It will easily be the best (hardware/software) Android device when it comes out.

I have said this in other threads... I think I actually prefer the build of the RAZR more than the Nexus. It will actually be hard for me to give up my RAZR after having it so easily fit in my hand and pocket. I don't think we should waste time on this thread bashing other Android devices that are VERY good in their own right... Rezound included. I think instead, we should do as Truss pointed out and look to the Nexus to be exactly what a Nexus should be. A beautiful blend of hardware and software working together to create the ultimate Android experience. Some people will prefer other phones and some people will not. But don't just come in and start slinging bogus ideas to stir up people that are sitting at work lurking around the DROIDforums. Am I the only one who lurks here all day at work? Oops. Back to work then.

Sorry for the long post...

tldr: Nexus is for champs.

Well said.
Btw, where did the OP go???

mthorn79

Reaction score
The killer for me is the fact Samsung is making this phone...alright, another plasticky phone that looks like a go-phone with great software! Shouldn't this have a 12MP camera if not at least the 8MP? Oh & I've owned quite a few phones where it was very simple to just swap out the SD card & bam off & running...having to wait while my phone takes 30 min to an hour to transfer all my videos, thousands of pics & work pdfs from my internal storage on my bricked phone to the computer then back to the new phone...or even if I had to wait for it to transfer from a cloud account will still take time to transfer, wow your right that is awesome! And if your packing a 1.5ghz processor & your touting your phone as being so open & vanilla...why even underclock it, whynot release it at its full potential? Hell they released the Razr with a 1ghz processor overclocked to 1.2! I can wait a month or so for my Razr to update to ICS, once I have that I'll have a super sleek looking phone plus killer software...and pretty much identical hardware as the Nexus, oh & with a camera that's competitive with the current market!

Last edited:

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The killer for me is the fact Samsung is making this phone...alright, another plasticky phone that looks like a go-phone with great software! Shouldn't this have a 12MP camera if not at least the 8MP? Oh & I've owned quite a few phones where it was very simple to just swap out the SD card & bam off & running...having to wait while my phone takes 30 min to an hour to transfer all my videos, thousands of pics & work pdfs from my internal storage on my bricked phone to the computer then back to the new phone...or even if I had to wait for it to transfer from a cloud account will still take time to transfer, wow your right that is awesome! And if your packing a 1.5ghz processor & your touting your phone as being so open & vanilla...why even underclock it, whynot release it at its full potential? Hell they released the Razr with a 1ghz processor overclocked to 1.2! I can wait a month or so for my Razr to update to ICS, once I have that I'll have a super sleek looking phone plus killer software...and pretty much identical hardware as the Nexus, oh & with a camera that's competitive with the current market!

Megapixels mean very little with respect to camera/picture quality unless you intend to make posters with your pictures.

As far as waiting for an hour to move your data... I recommend you look into USB 2.0. I think with even just average transfer rates, it should only about 10-15 minutes to fill up all 32GB... Start moving your data from your bricked phone now so you don't have to do it then.

Underclock = better efficiency and battery life to people who have no intention of modify their kernels or pushing the phone to it's processing limits.

I look forward to see how well the Razr plays with ICS and Moto (non)Blur, it could end up being a pretty nice UI or bomb epically.

mindmachine

Reaction score
Absolutely! Its a developer phone pure and simple, as in basic ready for ..........

This phone is clean ready for Dev work henc a developer phone, over base OS. i have made my decision i fully understand will go GNex in all likelyhood. Time only and availability, if its delayed too long well another story, then is based on other factors, more new stuff on the horizon.

mthorn79

Reaction score
I stopped reading your post after this. Sigh, another clueless megapixel marketing victim.

...and your talking about 95% of the population, most people have heard that most phones are being released with 8MP cameras now & for some the camera is a big deal. So if they see 5MP, which has been out awhile now, it may be a deal breaker for some. Imagine what ICS will do for the camera on the Razr!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

powerwagon

Reaction score
Funny how megapixels were so important to you guys when iphone had a 5 mp camera. Now that a major newly released android phone only has 5 mp camera, megapixels mean nothing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can wait a month or so for my Razr to update to ICS, once I have that I'll have a super sleek looking phone plus killer software...and pretty much identical hardware as the Nexus, oh & with a camera that's competitive with the current market!

^^^^
Keep telling yourself this.

Another pointless Nexus bashing post. Take your comments here.

mthorn79

Reaction score
Megapixels mean very little with respect to camera/picture quality unless you intend to make posters with your pictures.

As far as waiting for an hour to move your data... I recommend you look into USB 2.0. I think with even just average transfer rates, it should only about 10-15 minutes to fill up all 32GB... Start moving your data from your bricked phone now so you don't have to do it then.

Underclock = better efficiency and battery life to people who have no intention of modify their kernels or pushing the phone to it's processing limits.

I look forward to see how well the Razr plays with ICS and Moto (non)Blur, it could end up being a pretty nice UI or bomb epically.

I hated Motoblur...and still do, I dunno what they did on this thing but I cant tell its here...no lag whatsoever compared to previous phones with Blur.

jcardona1

Reaction score
...and your talking about 95% of the population, most people have heard that most phones are being released with 8MP cameras now & for some the camera is a big deal. So if they see 5MP, which has been out awhile now, it may be a deal breaker for some. Imagine what ICS will do for the camera on the Razr!

If the masses want to be uninformed and ignorant, so be it. I'm not, so it doesn't affect me. I know a thing or two about cameras and photography. And I know that stuffing lots of megapixels on tiny sensors causes noisy images. The iPhone has always been the camera king, without even having to look at it's megapixels. Those that care about megapixels are the same tools that NEED to have the latest and greatest specs so they can brag and bash. Not my thing.

Funny how megapixels were so important to you guys when iphone had a 5 mp camera. Now that a major newly released android phone only has 5 mp camera, megapixels mean nothing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I don't remember anybody with a shred of common sense saying that megapixels were important. Unless you fit the description of those I described in my post above.

jcardona1

Reaction score
Imagine what ICS will do for the camera on the Razr!

That's the only thing we can do, imagine. There's no proof that it will be even half as good as the Nexus. Given that it's not pure ICS, Motorola will have their way with ICS before they push it out to your phones. What's to say they don't put their greasy hands in the camera software and mess it all up like they've done with every smartphone since the OG Droid?

Status
Not open for further replies.