Not a bash, but its really not that great of a phone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Who cares let them drool.. are you happy with your current device? Im assuming so...so if it bothers people that much dont even look at these threads. They are pretty much all the same.. like they were before the bionic razr and rezound. Im speaking in general to everyone by the way. Not calling anyone out. And i hope no one takes offense. But this is just how all these rumor/prerelease threads end up. I have a droid one and an available upgrade for months now and no plans to upgrade. I love it still. People make fun of my ancient phone all the time but im happy with it and thats all that really matters.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Last edited:

powerwagon

Reaction score
If the masses want to be uninformed and ignorant, so be it. I'm not, so it doesn't affect me. I know a thing or two about cameras and photography. And I know that stuffing lots of megapixels on tiny sensors causes noisy images. The iPhone has always been the camera king, without even having to look at it's megapixels. Those that care about megapixels are the same tools that NEED to have the latest and greatest specs so they can brag and bash. Not my thing.

I don't remember anybody with a shred of common sense saying that megapixels were important. Unless you fit the description of those I described in my post above.

I could care less about megapixels on camera phones...I was simply stating my observations on this and every other board I have seen. I can't tell you how many threads I've read stating how funny it is that the latest iphone ONLY has a 5mp camera when compared to the great android 8mp.

I've got a bionic and have had multiple other android phones, so please don't label me a phanboy. Just wish everyone would keep it consistent.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jacwhite22

Reaction score
I'm glad Nexus will be the Guinea pig for ICS...all the kinks & bugs will be worked out. IE: Nexus S random reboot/capacitive button problems back in January! Have fun.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

So your moto/htc build will be based on that......so it will still have those issues when it comes out in Jan/Feb. (If then).....While we will be rocking 4.2 with the issues resolved. Is that what you were referring to?

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
So your moto/htc build will be based on that......so it will still have those issues when it comes out in Jan/Feb. (If then).....While we will be rocking 4.2 with the issues resolved. Is that what you were referring to?
And lets not forget,we'll be rockin jellybean(if thats what they'll can it)befor anybody else :icon_ banana:

patriot95

Reaction score
Sorry...its just funny how people are drooling over this phone...its basically a Nexus S with ICS

Better camera(s), processor, nfc, screen... its a better device (hardware wise). And so is the RAZR. That's my point. Some people will like certain devices over others. They are allowed to. These negative posts for no reason are getting us nowhere.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
IDK why we all can't get along, if anything Apple is the enemy. We should all be thanking what I'm thanking, regardless of what phone it is, its Android FTW.

Sent from my Moto Droid

patriot95

Reaction score
I don't even think we should hate on Apple. They are pushing mobile devices to be better just like Android. Less hate and more objectivity would really benefit everyone.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I don't even think we should hate on Apple. They are pushing mobile devices to be better just like Android. Less hate and more objectivity would really benefit everyone.

+1! I couldnt believe the battles that were happening in the Bionic forums when it came out. As they say in the UK, it was madness!

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I think this has run it's course and people have made their points and arguments. I really don't see how much more good this thread can do. In fact quite the opposite. I vote shut this down.

googlelover

Reaction score
Sorry...its just funny how people are drooling over this phone...its basically a Nexus S with ICS

Then your phone is just basically the Droid 2 with Gingerbread and no keyboard.
Are you saying that having a 4.65 in HD screen, the most powerful dual core processor (Yes it is faster CPU and GPU wise then the razr), HDMI out, ICS and a no shutter lag camera is the same thing as the previous phone that had none of that? and that is just what I can remember. Now this is not to say I don't like the other phones that are out now. Honestly I look at the no SD and it kills me as I love having an SD card slot, and I don't like having a case so having the bulletproof Razr sounds amazing to me as well, but an HD screen and a processor that can be overclocked well is a must, so I looked at the Rezound, but hearing so many reports about bad HTC battery life and having to wait for ICS always pushes me back to the Nexus. It is the latest and greatest phone, there really is no arguing that. Sure it's missing a few small things, but overall the hardware is the best.
It all comes down to personal preference though, what combination of hardware works for YOU? All these phones are the latest and greatest from their individual manufacturers, and they best any phone on the market today. In my opinion ANY of these phones is the right choice. So lets all stop fighting and do what we came to this forum to do in the first place, talk about the phones that we love and help others out with any problems they may have and spread the joy of Android to as many as we can!

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think this has run it's course and people have made their points and arguments. I really don't see how much more good this thread can do. In fact quite the opposite. I vote shut this down.

I tend to agree, but we really try to avoid closing threads unless they are causing a problem and/or disruptive and instead just them fall out of interest and fade into the abyss. We were going to let this thread go down that path; however, it has been decided that this thread of this sort will persist as a place to argue.

Unlike Verizon, Google, and Samsung, we have heard what the members of this forum want, and we are going to give it to you.

Thread :closed_2:

Status
Not open for further replies.