noob rom/theme???s

Fx4Nick

Reaction score
maybe a dumb question but do you have to have a custom rom to get a different theme??

I have a rooted dx with no rom but would like to change the theme. is thiss posssible???

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
Get darkslide rom downlaoad dc bootstrapper root explorer an titanium backup make sure your rooted get some guidance from someone with exp im still noob there is a darkslide thread

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
U can use launcher pro are u talking theme or wallpaper. Launcher pro ads try one of those when your ready to rom try darkslide it is awesomely themed and better battery life among other things

OP
F

Fx4Nick

Reaction score
I have seen that rom... but I'm no Starwars buff..... Darth Vader on the home screen is really not my thing.. Would changing the theme take care of this???

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
There is no Darth Vader on Darkslide. Take a look at the screen shots on the thread.

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
It comes with a darkside of the moon android wallpaper or a green android wallpaper but you can change those otherwise its all black. Keyboard is a glossy black with smoking darkslide logo. Its pretty nice compared to stock

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
Just for theme play with launcher pro and adw. Both come with darkslide rom. Hope I havnt confused u im a noob myself had my dx for a month

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
Once u add a rom u will trip out at the differance I did a backflip

OP
F

Fx4Nick

Reaction score
Sorry I saw a screeen shot of a darkslide rom with Darth Vader and made an asssumption

How do you change between roms??

If I wanted flash the Darkslide ROM and then go back to the stock ROM or change to another one, how is this done?

I believe there is a ROM called Liberty coming in a few days that I might also be interested in.

turdbogls

Reaction score
Sorry I saw a screeen shot of a darkslide rom with Darth Vader and made an asssumption

How do you change between roms??

If I wanted flash the Darkslide ROM and then go back to the stock ROM or change to another one, how is this done?

I believe there is a ROM called Liberty coming in a few days that I might also be interested in.

switching between ROMs is just as easy as flashing the new ROM over top of it. one thing you have to keep an eye out for is your system version. you have to have a ROm built on the same system version your phone is running. if you grabbed the latest OTA update, you will be at 2.3.340, so you can only flash a ROM built from 2.3.340 or it will totally screw up your phone.

once you get clockworkMod, make a backup of the stock ROM, this will save you the hastle of reflashing with RSD lite. but you can flash roms over top of other roms with no problems, but you usually have to wipe data/cache.

there are tons of themes for every ROM out there. i personally didn't like darkslide as it was themed too "cartoony" for me. personally i have gummyjar 2.5 with galaxy s theme and it is awesome. i came from an original Droid so i HATED Blur, so this ROM was the best for me.

just try out different ROMs. one will work better for you than another.

you dont have to have a custom ROM to theme, but there are just a LOT more options with custom ROMs for themes.