Noob Questions

dwmackay

Reaction score
Greetings,

I am new to Android having used WinMo for the last 6 or 7 years. I am pretty profecient with WinMo so feel free to PM if you have some questions. (General advice is run, dont walk from winmo).

I have been looking for a few items, but despite my searching, I am surprised that I have yet to find an answer. Forgive me if this is all over the place and I am just not seeing it.

2 Questions:
  • Can I stealth USB Tether with my Droid running 2.2 unrooted?
  • If I need to root, can someone point me to the stealth tethering instructions for a rooted Original Droid?
Thanks for any advice.

Sorry for the basic nature of these questions.

Doug M.

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
The easiest way to tether without root on any Droid is with an app called pdanet you can find it in the market and its free.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jacobydarkon

Reaction score
Stealth USB tether....

doesn't really exist. Unfortunately, as far as I know, Verizon can see the amount of data you are using through the 3g service. I don't think they can view the data itself. The best way is to prevent additional charges is to watch the amount of data you are using. Anything over 5 gigs a month and they might throw on a wifi tether charge. Hope this helps.

OP
D

dwmackay

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I'll give pdanet a try. I barely use the tehtering feature whihc is why I don't really love the $20/month. But when I need it, I need it.

Thanks again,

Doug M.