Non swype keyboard

in99flames

Reaction score
Hey guys. After I installed 2.0, the normal android keyboard was gone and only swype was left. Not sure if this is normal or something happened in my installation...but I hate that keyboard. Ive downloaded better keyboard with a skin to alleviate the issue...but it makes waaayyy too many mistakes when typing. Does anyone have an installer zip of the normal android droid x keyboard? Ive done some searching myself(how I found better keyboard), but I may be looking in the wrong spots.

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hey guys. After I installed 2.0, the normal android keyboard was gone and only swype was left. Not sure if this is normal or something happened in my installation...but I hate that keyboard. Ive downloaded better keyboard with a skin to alleviate the issue...but it makes waaayyy too many mistakes when typing. Does anyone have an installer zip of the normal android droid x keyboard? Ive done some searching myself(how I found better keyboard), but I may be looking in the wrong spots.

Weird, the gb keyboard should be there also.

This zip can be installed via clockwork and should give you back the gingerbread keyboard...

Also, make sure in settings -> language & keyboard that you don't just have it unchecked...

OP
in99flames

in99flames

Reaction score
Thank you!!!!! Ive been struggling with my current keyboard haha.

Another funny note, I used titanium backup and froze swype in the phone even though there wasnt another keyboard style installed. I just wanted to see what would happen :p I just had no keyboard! Gotta love titanium backup :)

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Probably a really stupid question but where does this file download to, I looked in the download file and Its not in there
Sent from my DROIDX

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just kidding I knew it was stupid I found it.

Sent from my DROIDX