Solved non iOS plug when using my DroidMAXX

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Am having trouble with hearing sound only from left side with different brands of earbuds. Sometimes they start out fine and suddenly will quit. Plug is inserted fully, but slightly pulling the plug out seems to help, but that is not a solution as the plug will not stay in that spot.

Have blown out the phone jack port with air, checked the sound settings,etc. Ran across a thread discussing similar problem and saw the "non iOS plug when using my DroidMAXX". This person said, "I just found a workaround. Changing the level switch to low from high mysteriously fixed the problem..."

Wondered if anyone knows why this may be occurring, or if there is a certain brand that has a plug that will predictably function correctly. I had always used Sony brand, but wondered what others find works, too.
Thanks

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I had problems with the headphone jack on three different Moto RAZR M's. Had to return mine and both daughters within the first 12 months for similar issues. So far with my Droid Maxx I have not had any problems. I use BT speakers more than headphones. But sometimes at work I use a pair of Moto Ear Buds and have not had any problems. Knock on wood.

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Thanks sajokaz. Well.....it was the earbud on the left side! It just couldn't be the earbud, I thought as it was new. Turned out it was not the phone. My bad. At least the jack was thoroughly cleaned.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It never hurts to give the phone a good spring cleaning.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah.. Lint and all kinds of garbage getting in there... Is baaaaad