Nokia Making a Smartphone Comeback with Android in 2016

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nokia-x.jpg

Earlier this week we shared a rumor that Nokia was jumping back in the smartphone game. Today's new info confirms that rumor, and takes it a step further. It is now confirmed that Nokia is diving back into the smartphone waters, and this time they will be hitting the ocean with an Android phone! Here's a quote with the details,

The good news is that the rumors in question have now been confirmed by Nokia China’s president, Mike Wang, who revealed that the company will be using the factories in Sichuan to build new Android-powered smartphones next year. The president also confirmed that Nokia’s global R&D center will also be relocated in Sichuan, China.

While this is exciting news, we wonder if Nokia will do it right or make a half-hearted attempt like their last Android device. We are crossing our fingers they announce a flagship level Android smartphone. Just imagine the legendary Nokia quality and design with high-end specs and the latest version of Android! Just Awesome!

Source: GforGames

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
That is interesting. I don't mind seeing a new mid-range from a great manufacturer like Nokia. Price is going to be a bit iffy and the software will have a lot of rivals to go against. I hope they don't get drowned out, but we shall see.

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
Nokia made great regular cells, I'd imagine they will have good quality.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Nokia made great regular cells, I'd imagine they will have good quality.

Yeah, build quality I know NOKIA will be able to do right. I'm curious to see what they do with the software. Will they skin it or just provide an app overlay like Motorola did with the Moto X series? When they were with Microsoft, everything was run by Windows Phone and not much room for them to apply anything. So this will be a completely new experience.