Nokia Lumia 928 Available May 16 for $99.00 on Contract

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
[video=youtube;mg7RiWMYwUg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mg7RiWMYwUg[/video]​

Blasphemy you say? Windows Phone on an Android site?! Has DroidForums lost their mind? We lost our minds a long time ago, but that is a whole other story. We here at DroidForums are obvious Android fanatics, but we do wonder what the community feels about the "competition" fielded by Microsoft and Nokia. The iOS vs Android debate has been beaten to death with the clear winner being Android (ahem), but we haven't gone down the Windows Phone vs Android because --well, high end Windows Phones have been pretty much non-existant on Big Red's network. Also, Windows Phones are not the first thing a Verizon Wireless customer thinks of when it comes time to purchasing a new smartphone. Actually, WP's are not even on their radar usually. That's all about to change (possibly) with the Nokia Lumia 928 set to release on May 16 2013 for a staggering $99.00 on contract. For those of you unfamiliar with the Nokia Lumia 928, it is the Finnish Company's latest and greatest Windows Phone 8 offering exclusive to Verizon and it is supposedly going to get a nice marketing push behind it.

Specs are not earth shattering, but WP runs incredibly smooth on wha'ts considered "old tech." Lag has not been a common complaint among Windows Phone users. Here's a quick look at the specs:

• Display size: 4.5 inch
  • Display resolution: 1280 x 768
  • Display features: PureMotion HD+, ClearBlack, Brightness control, Orientation sensor, High brightness mode, Sunlight readability enhancements, Corning Gorilla Glass 2, Ambient light sensor, Sculpted glass, Easy to clean
  • Display colors: TrueColor (24-bit/16M)
  • Processor: Dual core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor
  • Pixel density: 334.0 ppi
  • Display technology: AMOLED
  • Display height: 97.0 mm
  • Display width: 58.0 mm
  • Sensors: Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity sensor, Magnetometer
  • On Board Storage: 32GB
We wanted to reach out to the community and see what your thoughts are on Verizon's Nokia Lumia 928, and if you think it stands a chance at hanging with the Android big boys moving forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
[video=youtube;SRuXQk8g250]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SRuXQk8g250[/video]​

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
MMMMMM, I dunno. Kind of underwhelming and I'm a bit hesitant to get a WP8 device this late in the game. We all know what happened when the original Lumia came out. WP8 was on the horizon and none of the WP7 devices were getting the update. Not sure what the hacking scene is like over there.

riko540

Reaction score
If I was to buy a windows phone it would be a Nokia. I had a Lumia 800 for a little while and thought it was fantastic. The biggest problem with Windows phone is the lack of apps and the apps that are available aren't that great.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
my friend recently got a WP8 and I've been playing with it off and on, I see quite a bit of potential, but honestly, I've spent a lot of money on android and I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. unless I can somehow port my paid apps to WP and the games I've bought without having to rebuy them... well.. if that happens

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Can't see myself getting one, but those camera features are awesome. Hope someone thinks about porting them :p

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am a fan of technology in general and tend to follow the "killer app." If Microsoft can distinguish themselves in some way, and offer a better experience then I would consider this device. I will have to reserve jugement until I have a chance to play with it.